Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you do donuts??? me on my suzuki since it has a really light front end i can barely do donuts in the summer, but in the winter thats all it wants to do. do you start out going straight then crank the bars and pan on it? or do you crank the bars and pan on it right out of hole? for me in the winter i can do a REALLY tight donut with my suzuki. i lock up the front tires put it in 2nd gear(manual trans) and pan on it and lean forward at the same time. since i like to do donuts to the left(rear end slides to right) my left front tire moves like maybe an inch as the ass end slides around, sometimes it gets out of hand..... i'll be like 3rd or 4th gear(can do 5th gear but not too long) and i will be going round and round and then i'll try to drive out of the donut but it keeps on going around till i let off the throttle. well i gotta jet and actually work on my truck tonight........

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Crank the handelbars, lean to the inside and grab a fist full of gas.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
nearfuturegrizz
Take the Racks off first, saves you a fortune by not bending them and breaking the plastics when you and the Griz part in different directions, during your doughnut!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got bored one day with my suzuki so i took the rear rack off before a ride with a family friend and my dad. and the rear rack is extended about 6 inches past the end of the quad and has 2 bars(one on each side) that bolt to the outside end of the foot pegs. well that was a mistake, i hit a bump, foot came off peg, landed back on peg then slipped off and about 2 seconds after my right leg was under the right rear tire with the tire spinning on my calf. because i couldnt get my thumb off the throttle. so that day or next day (cant remember) i put the rack back on. sometimes i can do donuts when the ground has loose gravels and is hard pack. but usually i cant do them and it grabs and tries to throw me off the wheeler.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hold front brake on and lean over the handle bars as far as possible, crank it to the left, (easier to hold the throttle aganinst the grip) and don't let off no matter what.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bevergrizz- ya thats like me too. but i dont use the front brake. i just lean way over, crank the bars to the left and hold the throttle wide open and dont let off unless the rear tires start to stop spinning and grab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts