Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B.T.W. I did drag race my buddies rincon (for shits & grins). He has 26" 589's and weighs about 140 lbs. I have 26" mud lites and weigh 200 lbs. When we started, (from a dead stop) he destroyed me out of the hole, I can only assume this is because of the rincon's torque converter locking up instantaneously while my clutch has to spin a little first. But once the grizz got going I ran him down like a freight train, passed him at probably 50 feet, and never looked back. We didn't have much room to really stretch 'em out, but I don't think he would have ever caught me, he was falling back pretty fast. Go grizz! Later!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I've drag raced my Rincon and my Grizz and the Rincon has never gotten the Grizz off the line by more than a quad length, which it promptly lost.

I compare it to racing a Honda Civic in an LS1 Camaro.

Rob

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I just got body slammed! By a 700 Polaris that a member in our deer camp bought used.I`am not sure of the yr model,but it does not have the EFI.

The 1st time we ran he got me on take off because the Polaris has to rev higher to get the belt to engage than the Grizz, and he steadily pulled away on top end. He also had his stock tires on and I had my 25" Vampires on that the third rider behind me saw was not expanding on the high side lke the Polaris was doing.

I got a chance to run him again a week ago and had my stock tires back on, this time I took him on the take off and held ground for about 1/2 way in the qrt mi then he over took me before the end of the Qrt.

Come to find out he had just had a new belt put on before he came down to the camp, and mine has about 2000 mi on it and have been pulling some pretty heavy loads of firewood with my trailer.The top end of my Grizz has fell off from 68mph with a 230 lb person on back with me at my weight of 185 lbs combined in the Qrt on the topside to 63 now.So the next encounter will be a different story because my new belt order has been placed !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts