Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a set of aux lights for my grizz. Whats a better idea? A fog or driving beam? Not sure what would be better suited for trail riding and such? I can get PIAA at work so im leaning towards a set of them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
ksgrizz, i had normal warn trail driving lighs and I changed to fog lights only because the yellow works better in the dust. It is just a personal preference!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I bought a set of driving lights at wally world,,,, hooked them up with a relay to keep the toggle from taking all the voltage and they work great,, you cant tell when you turn the stock lights on,, never use the stock or warn lights any more,,,,,,, ,,,, ,,,,, ,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
CG can you turn all your lights on without any to much current draw on the system?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Me personaly I think I would go with a wide beam fog light. IMO

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
xtremegrizz,,,,I probably could,,, the warn lights were just 35 watt but I changed to 55 trying to make them brighter, when I added the rock guard over them I had to set them back a little and I lose a lot of light inside the bumber if that makes any sense,,, the stock lights in my opion are worthless,, not sure if everyone knows but to use the adjuster your supposed to loosen two screws ,one on each side of the light, the one on the inside is a killer to get to,,,,,I did this and replaced the small adjuster screws that striped out the first time I put a driver in them and they still sucked so decided to do away with them,,,,,,,, with the aftermarket light I never use the other,,, ****,, I must be in a typen mood this morning,, good thing nizzzzzzz isnt on here,, I would have to start telling postal jokes,,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,, cg

·
Registered
382 Posts
did you hear the one about the Postal worker with 5 penis's??? his pants fit just like a glove!

heard that one in colledge getting a good edgeukation CG!

·
Registered
382 Posts
CG we should mount a 1/4 keg on that trunk of yours and ride around the Paris flea market in OK city sellin beers :)

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
grizz that was uuttterly impossible

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may shoot for some driving lights. To throw some light way out there and use the stockers for my side to side lighting. Would there be any difference between a 3" and 5" light as far as output?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
KS, I would go with fog lights myself. I guess for the kind of riding I do I would rather have a hider view than a longer distance. With the auxiliary outlet you can always mount a spot light on the bars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts