Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man what a bad run of servicing,,,,this weekend while i had the wheels off to install the lift kit ,i figured i'd pump some grease in on the fittings on the rear of the bike

when i went to pull the grease gun off,the zerk fiting snapped off,,,,i was fortunate enough to be able to back the piece left in the hole out with an "easy out" though

i replaced all for stock zerk fittings with heavier ones that i had,which i had previously gotton at the auto parts store ,,,there's definatly a differance between the stocker's,and the ones i had replaced them with,much heavier,,,AND i was able to put (2) 90 degree,and (2) 45 degree fittings in for easier access to them

i highly recommend if you do your own service to replace your stock ones with some better ones,before one snaps off on you as well,,,,i consider myself lucky i was able to back the broken one back out since the rear hub was an obstical in getting the "easy out" in the hole,,,,,if it didnt come out,i was looking at removing the hub,just to try to retrieve it

one last note,they were "metric" threads,i'm not sure the exact size,i have a large kit with various size's,and angle's,and i just sifted through until i had the ones i wanted

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
HooPharted, i recently had to replace mine as well. i didn't have this problem untill i put my 2.5" wheel spacer on. i now keep a healthy supply on hand.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks for the info HooPharted, I will have to keep an eye on mine!...Irv

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Thanks for the heads up also, I will keep a eye on ours also. Don't ride them much in the winter and have a few things to do to them also like change out the antifreeze with that engine ice. Might just be a good time to do them then just for good measures.

Mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
I if remember correctly they are 6MM x 1.0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts