Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had success putting a 700 fender dry box on a 660?

And,.. this is my first thread, someone please tell me if i didnt do something right...

And to all of you in Maine,.. dont forget the annual toy run from Farmington to Canton is Sat. the 26th. 600 expected to show... lets make it more, and show your support for the kids please.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
welcome to the best grizzly site. your off to a good start.

thats a good idea.
I think it would work but you would have to relocate the 12v power socket.

I just looked at mine and it is recessed in that area so I think it would be better to move it to the left side and remove your warning plate

fiberglass work could be done to fill in that recessed area but with all the vibration would probably crack.

here is a pick of mine showing that area

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Hey BGGRIZ, Welcome to the forum! Thats an interesting idea I have pondered that in the past. I also thought about looking into the one they use on The Kawi Brute Force to see if it was better or worse.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, im dumb, been riding for years and it took a trip to the kitchen to see something as simple as tuperware for a sandwich, the ones with fold over locks on all sides, as a quick fix for dry storage under the seat. i,e. reg. tire repair, first aid, spark plugs, you get the idea. Beats those zip locks .. now to get it past the wife. ya ,.. i know, corny for adding the pic..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
walmart carries different sized "dry storage" boxes also. they have a rubber seal and are guaranteed to be submersible

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Probably a year ago a couple of guys here were kicking around this idea of transplanting the 700's storage box onto a 660. I don't know how they made out with it, but if you look around in some of the older threads it might pop up...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found a guy on hi Lifter that did it, used an extra gasket to seal and a permanent plug. I called my dealship and can get one for about $55.

...Now...where did i put that 5" holesaw?

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Now that don't look half-bad... How much do you think it impacts tire clearances? Please keep us posted on how the installation goes as this one shows REAL promise!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do Bob,..i think its well worth the money. Weve all had water under the seat.,.. and if you havent,....well stay home cause ur not riding hard enough!

As far as tire clearance...??? well, not sure, how much more clearance is on the 700 in comparison?

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Dang - didn't think there was enough clearance for it oh well its not the first time I've been wrong and won't be the last lol

Did you check ebay for one

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
theres nothing to say that this guy hasnt had clearance problems..? went to stealership 2 nite and the 700's box is mounted more upwards than the 660 pic shows, approx. 4-5 inches. the way the box is molded, you would be able to put your hand over the top of the box: underneath the top of the fender. What i saw was the box is curved along the radius of the upper portion... so perhaps there might be an issue there, especially with oversized tires,.. and who doesnt run those?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whoops...didnt realize if i delete default pics it also deletes thread pics,..

sorry guys,..

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
It looks as if somebody's going to have to take a leap here and report on how the installation goes... Hey! What if one of those front-end lift kits that gets you an inch or so extra clearance was installed also??

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was going to buy one this week,...but other maintainence items had to come first, rear seal,..knucle bushings ,..battery,.. so i left the wallet alone this week,..but I DO plan on getting one...give me time..

I aint scared... to cut a really big hole..

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Now THAT'S the spirit! You see; we ain't scared of standing behind you , plugging in the saw and offering all of the encouragement in the world for you to dive right in! /CFIDE/scripts/ajax/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/devil_smile.gif

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
..just ordered it....$45 from stealership.....

dont worry Bob... I will do a complete install instruction, with measurements,...this was my first thread,...i suppose its time to do it,.. and put my money where my mouth is,...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts