Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew I needed new tires. I never got stock with the stock ones but I never felt confident turning and in off camber situations. The tires always felt as if they were going to roll off the rims. I know I didn't want to run a mudlite because I wanted to be different as well. So after researching endlessly and wanting to get a good all around tire I decided on a set of 26" Outlaw MST's on black ITP type 4's. I went riding with my new shoes over this past weekend and put on 40 miles. I was riding with a Kingquad on 26" bighorns and a Rincon with 26" in 589's. By far both the bighorns and MST's are better all around tires. Our ride had some serious rockcrawling in a few sections as well as some fast fireroads and your typical trail mud. The 589's (i know they're a mud tire) had problems in the rocks where my tires and the bighorns did much better and didn't get stuck. I do have to trim the black fender behind the pegs because the tires rub there. But overall I'm very happy. Here's some pics. One before and the rest after

·
Registered
270 Posts
How much were the wheels? I still have the stock ones and they are so banged up from the rock climbing...

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Nice pics Doolin,

The Grizz looks very sharp.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doolin, I like the rear box. That is the one I was thinking about for my '05 Grizz. Do you like it?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grizzly NJ,
I have no idea how much just the rims were. I bought it all as a complete package.

Bearbaiter, thats the smaller of the two Kolpin boxes and I like it a lot. I had bought a soft bag and returned it. This one is easy to clean after riding and you don't have to worry about zippers. It's plenty big enough to hold what I need as well. Theres a wide range of prices, I got it for $99 shipped. I'll have to dig up the link if you go with this one.

Koko

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Nice Wheels and Tyres Doolin!!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Love the way it looks Doolin. I like the way the black rims look on the blue.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a big fan of the black wheels as well. They do scratch pretty easy, but I'd rather touch up with black paint, then ruin a clear coat and have an aluminum wheel look like junk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doolin, I've been thinking about a Tamarack box for $91.00 shipped. I'd be interested in the Kolpin if you can find that link. Thanks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just copy and past this link bearbaiter
http://www.atvoutfitters.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/atv_box.htm?L+scstore+bagq6425+1119121301

1 - 14 of 14 Posts