Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got my first ride in today on my new Grizz(Black S.E./05)and just loved it!! Man what a machine!! It worked awesome!! did a couple hrs of riding in the snow, it wasn't too deep. I was thinking of changing the oil already because i am thinking this is probably when it is going to have the most filings and such. I figure oil is cheap so what the heck. any thoughts on this?........Irv

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just go by the manual. It says to change the oil at 320km or 20 hours.Oil may be cheap, but oil filters are not. Also at the first oil change the diff. oil's have to be changed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sailorman is spot on, I let the Dealer do the first service (with me being a bit persistant about the work being in accordance with the manual). Oil, filter, diff lube change and valve adjustment are important.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Done so far all the maintence myself according to the interval in the manual for the first service. The thought for me not knowing what for sure the dealer was doing to my grizz and plus the fact they wanted like $150 or something convinced me to do it my self.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Xtremegrizz, i agree with you 100%. I like to know what is being done and by whom as well, i have seen some real beauties out there!!(So called Mechanics) If i personally know the guy or somebody i knew told me the guy was good then maybe but i have worked on sleds and dirt bikes and i also built my own Pro Street car so i think i am perfectly capable. Now i just need a service manual? Have you ever seen/bought the CD off of E-Bay? Do you know if it is any good? if you have a link can you e-mail me one please, [email protected] Thanks..........Irv

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Irv,

Just tried mailing you a copy of the manual but the first time I screwed up..lol Second time I figured it out but with my dial-up connection it is going to take me all night to just send the main manual then you still need the updated parts of it.

I did get it of of e-bay for like $5 shipped to my door. Make sure you look around at the different ones because they all have different prices and also different shipping charges. Sorry wish I could have helped you more.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for trying Xtreme Grizz, somebody else tried sending it to me as well with no luck? I don't know a whole lot about computers but it said to empty my e-mails which i did, and then he tried again with no luck so maybe it is too big to download? Any ideas? How do you know on E-Bay if you are buying the right service manual? I think i will try that route, if it comes on a cd, can you print it off after you down load it? thanks again.........Irv

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
The Cd I bought wich I asume 99% are going to be are in PDF form. The thing I was doing wrong and did not know was that you have to open it in Acrobat and print it right from the PDF file. IF you want me to send it to you I can leave the PC go over night but if you have a Dial-up connection like mine it might take you awhile to download it. Let me know.

As far as E-bay goes, the cd I have has I think the 99 manual and then has what they call suppmenlet manuals that have the updates that the new years received. I main manual and three or four add ons. Yes you can print them off right from the cd. I printed all the pages and put them in a binder.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
i've got the PDF file as well.
it's 12,3 Mb.
if you would like to have it, contact me by a PM or add me to your MSN messenger account:
unimog416 [at] hotmail.com

and i'll send you the file.
(i've got a cable modem with an upload of 115kB/sec...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts