Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

Fitch Pack

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  trnco 
#1 ·
I finally picked up my toy from a brief repair of the crab. I had let the bear sit for 3 months and the crab was a little gummed up. Well it looked like rubber cement in the bottom of the bowl. Any how my question to the readers is what are you doing to prevent this from happening? I know I would love to be able to ride every day and all day. But I am not so lucky. I ask the dealer the same question what I could do to prevent this from happening again. He told me about a device called a Fitch Pack. Does any one know about them? Good? Bad?

#2 ·
I have never heard of a "FITCH" pack, what exactly is it? I think all you need to do is add the recommended amount of fuel stabilizer like "STABIL" to the gas tank and let it run for 5 minutes and then shut your gas off and let the grizz run out of gas. That way the bowl will be empty and any little that remains will be kept fresh by the Stabil. If you are leaving it for that long, it is a good idea either to keep the gas tank full or completely empty to avoid condensation as well. Where you live you must be prone to big temperature flucuations like I am in Southern Ontario? Do all that I think you can avoid what ever this Fitch Pack thing is? Good Luck.........Irv

#3 ·
I purchased the Fitch Pack. Upon further investigation it is like a stablizer for your fuel but it's life time. No need to add anything to your gas. Check this site out.

http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/products/sports/index.html

#4 ·
Let us know how it works and if it is worth it? What did you pay? I guess it would eventually pay for itself over the years not having to buy Stabil? I hope it works for you bhunter, does it mention anything about condensation?...Irv

#5 ·
No it had not said anything about the condensation. It was only about 50$. And is good for the life of the machine. I guess if it is going to help the machine and do a little preventive work for me why not. A few people here at work have Polaris 500's that were always a little cold blooded. He piced up a pair for each machine a year ago and hasn't had much of a problem since. At the same time he cleaned his carbs. So take that for what it is worth I am still new to the game.

Has anyone seen the 800 Grizz yet?

#6 ·
Thats not to bad of a price, at least it gives you piece of mind knowing that you shouldn't have any more gas related problems.

What 800 Grizz are you talking about? It is not one of those Chinese built clones is it? Yamaha won't release any new info to the middle of June and nobody knows for sure if anything new is coming out?......Irv

#7 ·
My nephew swears by the catalyst type of stabilizer. He uses it in his boat and where he works they have it in the landscape equipment. Never had any problem with the fuel. Myself I just use Stabil in all of my gas cans at the farm every time I fill them. I have gas sitting in cans for 6 months at a time and never had a problem with it.

#9 ·
I'm a firm believer in Stabil also. I've used it for years in seasonal things like my mower and my snowmobile for example. When I'm convinced that I won't get to ride one or the other for several months, I top them off with gas and add the proper amount of Stabil, start them and let them run for a few minutes, and shut them off. Come next time I need them, I crank 'em up and go. Works for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.