Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads,

I have been looking at buying a set of Yamaha flares and a winch for my Grizz.

The parts all seem very expensive here in Australia, I was wondering what you would expect to pay for them in the U.S.

I was also wondering what size winch I should fit to the Blue Meanie?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hi,

I have a WARN ATV 3000, I chose it because the body is metal and sealed, whereas the WARN ATV 2500's body is plastic. I suggest you put on plasma rope, because you get 30 meters on instead of 15 M and also you get double the breakstrain and it wont kill you if it snaps!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I chose the RamseyATV3000 winch with the wireless remote and have found it to be very good and useful.

Either Warn or Ramsey are the best available and regardless of which one you get you still need to maintain it every year or so depending on your submersion habits. As Beast mentioned the plasma winch rope is far superior to standard metal wire rope that comes on the winch and is an upgrade to consider.

As far as the overfenders goes they are almost necessary if you change to aftermarket wheels and tires or add wheel spacers. Personally I have only installed the rear ones because with a wider stance and larger tires the mud and water would come up over the back of the quad. The overfenders not only add some width but also extend about 5 inches beyond the back of the stock plastic and this is where most of the normal muck is thrown up.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
DKNARND;

You have any pics of how it looks with just the rear on, I would not mind seeing it if not to big of a problem.

I have been wanting to get some flares but kind of worried because some of the places I ride allready are tight fits for me. One of the places in WI I go the bridge is just wide enough for me to make the turn on it. Kind of afraid that the flares might make me too wide.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey interceptor, how did you make out it that mud bog? Have you ran it yet? Up here in Canada the fender flares/extenders are listed for $165.95 plus 15% tax. Not sure on the winch prices though? They seem to vary from dealer to dealer...........Irv

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Irv,

The mud bog races are next week end. I found the over fenders on the Australian Yamaha site for $289.00 AUS and on the American Yamaha site for $119.00 US. I wonder how much it would cost to have something sent over from the US, the winches here are around $850.00 AUS or $1179.00 if you buy it through Yamaha!!!!!.

I will keep you posted on the Mud Bog Races.

Thanks for the info lads.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
If you want a winch or good parts the link below is a great place. They know more about winches and atv accessories than most all others. Warn 3000 all the way. They can tell you about the tech differences on the winches.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
The last pic is my sons Grizzly. I just got a new 05 Limited.and stuck on 26" Bighorns and flares.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Grizzinator,

I cant see the link, but great pics anyway.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
339 Posts
Xtreme....Just got home after a weekend away and I will look for a pic to put up tommorow.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
DKNARND;
No problem, sounds good.

Grizzinator;
Nice machine, love how that black looks with the fender flares and the alum wheels set it off.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
DKNARND;
No problem, sounds good.

Grizzinator;
Nice machine, love how that black looks with the fender flares and the alum wheels set it off.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
[No message]

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Sorry I forgot to put up the link to a great site and knowlegeable staff on winches. Here ist is: http://www.montanajacks.com/

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is a link and you can see a few photos with just the rear overfenders on.

http://photos.yahoo.com/dknarnd_jr

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is a link and you can see a few photos with just the rear overfenders on.

http://photos.yahoo.com/dknarnd_jr

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well my flares and winch mounting kit arrived in Darwin this morning, hopefully the dealer got them to the barge before lunch so I will see them on Monday.

My lift kit is at TMAXXSTAR'S house waiting for the Cv protectors to arrive and my plasma rope is due to leave the states today. I can't wait for all this gear to get here, I will be like a dog with two [email protected], I won't know what to play with first.

I plan to post some before and after pics and maybe a bit of a how to, what do you guys think, is it worth it or no.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
34 Posts
i think it would be very worth it!!!!!
that is what this forum it all about.
and don't you mean your lift kit is sitting on my grizzly? (just kidding, lol roflmao. (i hate them))

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I agree post away and give us the how to :)

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well my gear did not make the barge (BUGGER) I won't see it now till atleast Monday. I did receice my Amsteel plasma rope today, very sexy feels great and it looks like it would be piece of cake to join should I break it, the ends are only fed through the centre of the rope (similar to a normal rope splice) a couple of times then fed down the inside of the plait.

It is definately worth the bucks compared to wire IMO.

Cheers noel

1 - 20 of 34 Posts