Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has done this to their Grizzly. According to Highlifter you can disconnect the rear hubs from the upper and lower a-arms and flip it over for an extra inch of lift. They say you have to use aftermarket wheels or wheel spacers to keep the rim from rubbing.
Seems like a pretty simple procedure for a free inch of lift.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
G'Day Starky,

I am sure that has been raised (pardon the pun) on here before, I am going to run a search and check it out. I can't recall the outcome of all the questions.

I will let you know how I go.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Go to grizzhopper.com, this guy knows Grizzlies inside out and he suggests it is not worth the 1/2 inch lift for all the damage and grief it can cost you...Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I read somewhere that if you do it, you must use Gorilla axles!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
so if your going to go through the expense of installing Gorilla's,,,you might as well do it right,and buy a lift kit,,,,,if you only get a half inch from flopping the hubs as Irv said,you cant really justify $1400 bucks for the axles

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like something not worth messing with.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I found where I read it, it is on Highlifter site, they only sell the front lift and recommend the rear hub flip, but they warn you only to do it if you have outlaw or gorilla axles!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is where I saw it to but I hadn't heard of anybody doing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes i know that is topic is very old, but i was just looking through here and thought what the heck. hopefully it want hurt to bad to revist this one.

ok i flipped my rear spindels when i frist got my grizzly. (with stock axles) i had NO trouble what so ever. I cant promise you that you want have any trouble but the worse case senerio is you break an axle. to me thats no big deal cause yamaha will give you two free ones anyway.

but the thing is that you would be much more likly to break an axle on the front in diff lock and no lift, than with your rear spindels flipped. The only reason axles break is to much stress...........no brainer. The main two causes of this is over sized tires (rotating weight) and increased angle of your axles. flipping your rear spindels will increase the angle but by a small amount. on the other hand steering your atv in diff lock causes much more strain on your axles (increased angles) than a small increase in rear gc because your rear axles are all ways in a striaght line.

conclusion....its your choice, is the gc worth the risk to you. tor me.....with out a dought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
oh couple more things. i know one other person running his grizz with rear spindels flipped with stock axles and 27" mud lites XL and more recently with 27" xtr s and 14" rims.

ps this is just one guys opinion. so dont think im saying anyones right or wrong just telling my experiences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts