Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Grizz, that is stock. I'm wanting to put a pipe on it. I talked to the local dealer, and they told me that the fmf powerline pipe, is what they suggest. I was wanting to know if anyone has this pipe, and if so, how they like it. On the Fmf website it says it is 92db, I read somewhere that the stock is 89db. I mostly ride on privately owned land, but was wanting to know what the db. restrictions usually are. I also will need to install a jet kit, and am wanting to know how hard they are to install, and what size to install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
i've had the powerline for six months now and i've never liked it.
it's definately louder than stock but not exessive. it's just the awful sound it produces, kind of hollow(hard to describe) everyone i ride with thinks so too. power increases were minimal and the mounting bracket that installs separately was letting the pipe side out of place. ----oh did i say that outloud?! what i really meant was it's the best and i'll LET you buy mine.--- and about the jetting; i just finished installing a Dynojet kit in mine a few days ago. the rack, hood, gas tank and seat all get removed and then it's all fairly simple to put the jets and needles and springs into place.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Rarley does the dealer have any clue as to what is better. Mostly they are trying to sell what is in their store.
The best place to get info is on these forums and even that can be hit or miss. Check peoples signature blocks and see what they are using. Then you can ask the questions here or PM the person and ask specifics.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The things I was looking for were some power gains but still close to stock sound level. I also wanted a pipe with a melow tone. Some of the aftermarket pipes that claim to be quiet have an anoying sound to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts