Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought lads, but what about a run of T shirts to promote the forum when we are out riding.

I would be up for two.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Depending on how they looked I maybe would be in for one or two maybe. The only thing would be who would organize the whole thing and get the shrits? Also who would do the graphics?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have dealt with a company that does this for companies in Brisbane, just unsure about the taxes and duties to send them to the U.S. and other places, it should not be too bad.

We could get everyone who wants one to give a suggestion for a design and come up with something everyone likes.

I could talk to my friend in Brisbane after we have an idea of a design and how many we would need, I could then get a price and go from there.

What do you think lads, throw in some ideas and see if we can get this off the ground.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm with Xtremegrizz, if the design is good and price reasonable I'll put in for a couple. Whos the artist out there?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I would be interested in them too, let's see what it looks like!!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I hope we can get some ideas on some designs or even if someone can draw one up. I would sure like to see this to get going and all of us that wants one be able to have a little peice of the forum we all share, I know i sure want one.

Wish I could help in a design but I can't draw and as far as ideas its hard to say. Be nice to have like some pic of a Grizz like comeing over some rocks or in the mud maybe in a little of a cartoon form (hope you know what I mean) and then maybe "Grizzly Owners Forum" under it all on the back. On the front could do some like "ATV Owners. com". Not sure just some thoughts out loud.

Bring on the ideas everyone! Lets get this thing to take off, its going to take all our help and ideas if we want one.

Mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm more autistics than artistic but I have a vision. Lets see if I can discribe it

On the back of the shirt:

The outline of a standing grizzly bear, claws out and teeth showing.(kinda the background) Somewhere around mid torso or slightly below a 660 grizz cresting a rocky ridge.

In bold arched lettering across the top GRIZZLY OWNERS FORUM, across the bottom... Grizzly tamers world wide.

Pesonally I like a pocket on my T-shirt and above it ??? @ATVOwners.com, or maybe the grizzly badge off the grill.

Ouch, thats all of my creativity for the month...lol

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey 05 not a bad idea on the design sounds like a good one. I too also like the idea of the pocket on the t-shirt.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'll take my idea by a local screener and see what he says. I gota say though, we're not seeing near enough intrest to make the shirts reasonable in cost. Might be its just the Easter holliday, but the action on this forum is getting right slow. I enjoy the pics and tech info a lot, I hope we (Rob) keep it going.

I'll let ya'all know what cost and screen look like.

Stay safe all.

Scott

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
If somebody comes up with a design, I'd be happy to handle having 'em made. I already have an online store where I can put them up for easy sale.

Any designs should be kept minimalistic -- meaning keep the colors down, as it will reduce costs considerably. If it can be done in 2-3 colors max, it'd help.

Rob

·
Registered
701 Posts
If your going to have a big graphic, I suggest having that on the back if you are going with a pocket t. On the front just have the website address and a small picture of a Grizzly quad. Better ask RobG too if he minds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
count me in

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll take a couple! Sounds like a great idea.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to see a bit of interest in the shirts but like 05BLKGRIZZ says, we need more interest/in put, how about a few more ideas on lay out and/or colour.

My suggestion would be a good quality light grey T with front pocket, maybe blue or black screen print.

On the back maybe a big print of a grizz in full swing, in the mud, mid jump or some other action shot.

Perhaps a list of the different country's that we are from and a bit of a slogan "our grizzly's rock the world over" maybe

And then www.grizzly.atvowners.com accross the shoulders.

on the pocket maybe YAMAHA 660 GRIZZLY OWNERS FORUM.

Just a suggestion to get you other guys started, it's easy give it a shot and post it up, between us all we should end up with a great shirt that other riders will want and also boost interest in this great forum that we all use for information and communication.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think a good mud/water crossing shot would be great for the back. Similar to what interceptor said. Theres a cool picture of Beast jumping, but I don't think a Grizzly jumping is a picture that truly encompasses what the quad can do. Thats why I'm thinking of a picture where it's slinging a little bit of mud. I have no idea how to make a real picture and turn it into a one or two color print for a t-shirt.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
05BlkGrizz,

Getting keen mate, Any word on a layout yet?

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Cool, keep us updated 05.

If all else fails I might have somebody that would be willing to draw us up something.

One of the guys I work with has a daughter that is a real good drawer. She also just happens to be taking a silk screening class in school right now. So if all else fails maybe I can talk him into trying to get his daughter to draw us up something. Never really meet her though so not real sure how or what she will think.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Xtremegrizz,

Lets work as many avenues at once as we can. Then we can compare design and cost. I say if she is willing to try then ask her to go for it.

Scott

1 - 19 of 19 Posts