Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a bit of a problem with the dealer i bought my new Grizz from and was wondering if dealers usually charge for the install of a new winch even though it is free from Yamaha? He put on the receipt "Free winch N/C" and the final bill was drawn up and i wrote a check. I went to pick it up and they had forgot to install the winch so they said for me to install it? I said no! they then wanted me to pay extra for the braket and labor? Is this normal? I am thinking not? The guy said all they have to do is supply the winch, like hand it to me!! anyways after argueing with them/him they said the would install it. But now they still have my bike and i was going riding tomorrow! Are they jeking me around or is this the way dealers in general are now a days?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Irv unfortunately the dealer is correct the winch is free not the labour. But I found that the smaller dealers will be more customer friendly. The dealer I bought my atv from put it on N/C and he did a good job.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tindy, i wasn't aware of this. When the bill was drawn up nothing was said or put on the bill about the charge for the winch install. When i took it back over for the install nothing was said then either? I guess because they are a new dealership and have been pretty busy they forgot to inform me of this? It just seemed to me that they wanted to charge me because they were so busy and didn't have the time or the space to do it? (making their problem my problem) Oh well i guess it is a lesson for both of us? Hopefully everthing works out ok today when i pick it up??.......Thanks again...Irv

·
Registered
65 Posts
Irv good luck with your new atv, you are going to LOVE it. They ask you to try and take it easy with the bike for the first 20 hours. Trust me this wont be easy.. Enjoy... I see your from Oshawa not to far from me mabye I'll see you on the trails..

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Tindy, all went well with the install and i had a chance to talk to the owner and he admitted he screwed up, he said he should have put the install on the bill before i paid for the Grizz. I just thought they were trying a fast one after i had already paid for it in full? Yea, you never know i may just see you out on the trails? Where do you normally ride? I think i will be riding in the Ganny, Janetville, Port Perry, Rice Lake(cottage) and Norland(in laws cottage) to name a few. Maybe i'll see you out there?.........Irv

·
Registered
50 Posts
yep, i had to pay for the bracket. But, my buddy and I did the install to include the snow plow. Yamaha is giving me 75.00 tomorrow to go to a safety class. I figure that they figure if they train me on the safety they are relieving themselves of the obligation for any wrongful death that may occur riding their machine. I look at it like I only get to die once, why not death by grizzly?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts