Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here have problems with their front diff yet? For the last, oh I dunno, 500-1000 miles, it's been making a bit of noise when 4wd is engaged. Nothing too loud, but still gave me cause to wonder.

Yesterday, the noise is sounding more "grinding" for lack of a better term, and I feel more drag when 4wd is engaged. I changed the fluid just over a year ago, and plan to do so again tonight as a precaution, but I'm wondering if this is a sign that it's near needing a rebuild. In fact, I could also describe a feeling that it seems "loose" as in maybe it needs to be shimmed or something. I dunno, since I've never really seen the inside of it to see if it can even be shimmed...

I have just over 4000 miles and about 435 hours on it.

Rob

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Never seen one open Rob but just incase I know the last time I was on E-bay there was someone parting a Grizz out and had all the stuff for sale. Might be something to look into. Good luck hope the oil change does it for you.

Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
You need to check your fluid......check both your front brake calipers. pads , and rotors also (noise could be comming from there)
Are your front CV joints still in good shape?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts