Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a trick for putting grease in the grease fitting closer to the engine ???? i have tried 2 diffrent grease guns and a needle ... when i took it in for the full service i noticed they did not grease it either

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on I know with all the brains in this forum someone has an answer...

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
If I remember right it was only in a couple of years till they went to a different style CV now I think, something like that but I do know it was only in the first few years though.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sorry GG, I read your post a couple of days ago but I don't think my 05 has one? It doesn't mention a word about it in my manual and I have never heard anybody mention this before? Can you take the shaft off to grease the joint or does that defeat the whole thing?. Good Luck........Irv

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will look at that irv..the fitting is hard to see ..i found mine with the belly pan off..let me know if the 03 04 05 have one ..if not i will buy a drive shaft ..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use a needle fitting on the grease gun and get the driveshaft in the right location than I stick the needle into the grease nipple end and it works like a charm.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
What year is your Grizz justgiver? I am curious if mine has one or not? I just had the skids off on the week-end and didn't even think to have a look?....Irv

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is a 2002. That is the only year that the front driveshaft had u-joints. 2003 and up went to a cv style boot. Be careful with those boots as I posted before once you tear them the only fix I have found so far is by getting a whole new driveshaft, which is costly. The u joints are a real bugger to grease the needle end is the only thing I have found to work as they are at a hard angle to get at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts