Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
just got back from a mud ride and took all 4 wheels off to clean and grease rear end. When I had it up on the jack I noticed my front right hud would not spin free, the left side did. I put wheels back on and started it up still on the jack. In two wheel drive that right front tire spins, I can stop it with my hand but should that front drive axel spin all the time? Seems like when it is in two wheel drive that front drive shaft should not spin.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
That is normal, I asked your very question on here last year sometime? I think it is because of the front diff and the 3 wheel drive/diff lock feature. It has to have some type of engagement to work properly? Wait for some more educated replies on the explanation as I can't really remember? But you have nothing to worry about. Any pics on your mud run?...........Irv

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Irv. I thought that the front center drive shaft would only spin when in four wheel drive but I was only guessing. When you spin your front wheel does it feel like it is binding up a bit because that is what mine does. The left wheel spins great. I will have pictures soon and try to get them on site but I have never done it before. It rained on and off all day and man was it muddy but what a blast.Thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
That is exactly what mine does, it feels like it is binding up inside. When I first felt mine I thought right away something was seriously wrong! But others on here told me that it was normal and it was nothing to worry about. I am having a hard time with pics lately myself, I think I have to delete all my pics program and reinstall them? aren't computers great? Especially when you don't know sheet about them! Good Luck.........Irv

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Irv. I am glad that it is normal. Like you I thought something was seriously wrong. The ride we did was a pocker run also I thihk they had around 320 riders each year it is getting bigger and bigger. I have to get pictures up for everyone to see this mud pit that is one of the stops on the run.Also this Grizzly is like a tractor in the mud it can not be stopped by much. If the frame gets hung up I guess. There was on hole I was in with clay like muck and water.I thought I was stuck. I locked her in and just eased right out. Guys we buring up belts left and right. My friends new King Quad overheated poor design for the airbox, intake way to low kept sucking in water.Also the raidiator kept getting cloged with mud. Thanks again Irv.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I noticed the same thing as you. What got my attention was when I was on a paved road the machine pulled to the right, even on a gravel road if I take my hands off the handle bars it will pull right. My question is if it is normal for the right hub to not totally disengage do everyone’s Grizzly’s pull right or do I have another problem?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I am not really sure Pace? I would imagine it would pull slightly to the right? Is the road 100%flat? Most roads are sloped to the right side for water run off so that might be what does it as well? Also check out your toe in/out and make sure it is equal on both sides. Good Luck......Irv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts