Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body ever take their front rack off? I was wondering how those 2 plastic covers/clips come off? I have tried pulling on them by hand but they feel like they are going to break! They are the ones that are located on top closest to the handle bars. I just want to go over everything and do some general mtce. Thanks in advance.......Irv

·
Registered
9 Posts
Irv, I think you just slide them forward (toward the handlebars) and they come out. That's what I've done w/ mine. They don't move too easily though. Look in your manual...it's in there.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bearbaiter, actually you push them to the side. It is in the manual and it didn't take much effort with the thumb and out they popped. Thanks.....Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Irv,

After moving them, mine got lost , so when I replaced them I put some Black silicone sealer on to stop them vibrating loose!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Beast, great idea........Irv

·
Registered
270 Posts
No it is a big pain. Rack, fenders, grill... everything is connected to everything else. Definately alot some time and have a manual. I wouldnt want to do it again. I broke my grill... bought a new one. It was cheap, $30. Took me a long time to replace it. I cracked it again the first ride out!!! ugh... it is still in there cracked, haha.

Jim

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have to go with what GrizzlyNJ says, i never went that far so i don't know? If all you are trying to do is clean your rad? Just use a garden hose and spray in there(through the grill) on the shower setting(not jet!) spray the front and back of the rad real good and move your spray nozzle around to be sure you are getting everywhere......Irv

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah, for the radiator, it is fine to clean from outside. I actually put a hot water tap outside as well, and I feel the warmer water tends to do a better job at losening up the mud and stuff.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts