Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and wanted to say this is a great place for folks like me who are not knowledgeable
when it comes to ATVs. I hope you don't mind but have a question to ask. I see in the pictures mounted
on the front racks of a lot of ATV what appears to be a thin gas can? If so where can I get one. If not a gas can what are they? Specifically, I was in the ATV Trip Photos web site.
Again, sorry if I'm out of line here and thanks again for making this forum the best!
Greg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for info. The fuel pack you are refering to costs about $75. Pretty steep for a 3 gal gas can if you ask me.
There are other gas can carriers that you can get that bolt to your front or back rack. I got mine from The Sportsmans Guide for $30 a piece. They also come in different sizes, 1 1/2, 2 1/2 and 5 gal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have built many 2 gal holders for friends and also to sell....its held in place with 2 pins and will hold a can or a soft sided 6 pack cooler.
Here is one setup I built for a good buddys King Quad.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Looks pretty good, what do you charge for them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
starky I havent sold one in a while.....but I was selling the holder.....gas can......and a soft sided 6 pack ice chest with bungees for $80 for the single front set up.
As for the dual rack set up with the weather proof plastic box with the diamond plate I would have to get around $300 for that and it would come with the 2 gas cans but you would have to get your own ice chests.....and I'll be working on one that has the box ....and room for 4 gas cans also (still on the drawing board) The gas cans are all 2 gal 8 oz cans with screw tight vents and nozzles.
I only have 2 cases of the cans left......I need to find someplace that still carrys them and order some more. The cans and Ice chests fit the same holder perfect.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Look real good just hope you don't run into anything with that on on the front of you grizz :)

I know I spent the money a few years back and bought the flat fuel pack, so far I like it and happy with it, got it from Rocky Mountain ATV I belive.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The can is real tough....if you run dead on into something your not paying close enough attention to where your going!;)
(Have 30,000 plus miles on the single can system just between me and my close friends who have them.....never had an issue with one yet.)

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
lol Kodiak660 hate it when stuff tends to jump out in front of you :)

The only thing I dont like about the Fuel Pack is it don't vent at all so in the sun and heat it will tend to swell up a little and you have to let the air out sometimes

·
Registered
78 Posts
I built the front can holder back in the summer of 99 for camping trips on my 2000 kody.....I have a tamarack front box and a big tamarack rear box and needed a place for gas and I didnt want to have to unstrap my front box to get to a flat gas can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts