Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone here use gbc gators? I've had my grizzly about a week now, and last weekend a buddy and I were playing in the mud, and these stock tires just don't sling it. I had 26" titan 589's on my rincon, (yes I'm a trader, sold the 'con to get a grizz) but, didn't like the extra weight or harsh ride, great in the mud, though. I ride alot of trails too, here's where the 589's get ugly, kill your power on the long hills, rattle you to death on the rocks, and eat up your fuel twice as fast. I am strongly considering mudlites 25 or 26 but haven't heard much about the gators. I know the gator is a little heavier than the mudlite, (what mud tire isn't?) but these things just look aggressive. How do they compare with mudlites in the mud? I have heard that the mudlite is a trail tire first, so, that's cool, but people say their awsome in the mud. If I go w/ mudlites should I go 25 or 26? How much will the 26 affect my power?
Thanks for any input, Clint.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had gators not the best tire but bettr than stock which isnt saying much. also ran mud lites better but still got stuck in the stuff my buddys were walking. So I bought a set of 28 super swamper edls. I have had them about a three months and still have not had to use 4wd where the brute force with outlaws was hooked up to my hitch. I love pullin them guys out especially when I can do it in 2wd

·
Registered
462 Posts
watch out in getting too agressive with extreme mud tires,,,,although they may be awsome for the mud,they usually arnt good for anything else

this is how i ended up with a 2 sets of tires,,,the mudzilla's,and the Bear claws,,,,bought the zilla's first,only realizing after,they suck at everything else,but they definatly pull me through the deep stuff

·
Registered
256 Posts
I run on 25' Gatrors and love 'em. They're a bit rough on hard pack but I got used the ride and it doesn't bother me at all. Excellent traction in mud/snow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts