Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know about the GBC dirt tamers tires. LOkks alot like the big horn but less $$$$

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I haven't seen them yet. If you have any info post it up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hey i've heard that they are bias not radials. which is ok with me and i found one site that has them but i cannot find it now (dang it). on the site i remember the price being about the same as other bias ply tires. the GBC site is strange i cant get on the site. i dont know if its just me or the site. anyhow they look just like the maxxis tire. the other thing is i remember the weight being lighter than the maxxis tire by a couple of pounds. if anyone finds a site with them in 25" post it, as i am interested in these tires. later Marinegriz

·
Registered
43 Posts
hey i've heard that they are bias not radials. which is ok with me and i found one site that has them but i cannot find it now (dang it). on the site i remember the price being about the same as other bias ply tires. the GBC site is strange i cant get on the site. i dont know if its just me or the site. anyhow they look just like the maxxis tire. the other thing is i remember the weight being lighter than the maxxis tire by a couple of pounds. if anyone finds a site with them in 25" post it, as i am interested in these tires. later Marinegriz

·
Registered
43 Posts
huh? i wonder how that double post happened? not even drinking beer yet! oh well. later Marinegriz

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a site http://www.atvoutfitters.net/gbc_dirt_tamer_tires.htm they looked like great tires. whats the defference between radials and Bias. Thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Radials provide a smoother ride, just like a car or truck tire. I also heard they have a bigger footprint so you get better traction. Coach0, have you looked at the Kenda Executioners? I have heard great things about them and from what I hear is they do better in the mud than Mudlites and 589's and provide a decent smooth ride............Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
http://www.greenball.com/atvtires/dirttamer.htm

Here is the first web site I pulled up with the Dirt Tamer. I didn't look for the price, but this site gives you the actual outside diameter as well as the weight of the tire if you want to compare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts