Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whay type of gear oil does everyone use for the final drive, and the differential? I found a semi-synthetic that meets all of the specs in the yamaha handbook. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with any of these, or possibly any recommendations??

Thanks for your input...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I will be using a full synthetic when/after i reach 40 hrs. I am going to go with Amsoil Severe Gear, it is a new oil from them and is made for the type of abuse we put our quads through. If i was you i would go with the full synthetic as our diffs hold only a little bit. I run full synthetic in all my diffs and gear cases on my truck, sled, boat etc. Hope this helps and be sure you get the right kind. GL-4 GL-5........Irv

·
Registered
78 Posts
When changing your diff fluids always measure out the oz's your manual calls for and only pour that amount in.......We have found that if you fill them up to the bottom of the inspection hole that when you work the quad hard in snow,sand, or mud it will burp gear oil out the vent tube and make a stinking mess every where.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts