Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"new here , any install recomedations for the axles , i just ordered gorilla axles for all four , never put them in before . would love some info thanks " GeorgiaGrizzly.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi GeorgiaGrizzly,

I have heard that the manufacturers of Gorilla Axles will only warranty them if they are fitted by an official Yamaha Dealer!

Seems to me it is the way to go!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Beast...how come your name and info appears as the author of this thread and then you answer yourself?

Well whoever you are take your time at install and follow directions completly. There have been lots of people install these axles and have problems with them popping out. If I remember correctly they include an o-ring to install under the clamp ring to keep them in. Once they are installed in this fashion some people still have problems and others say they are in so good that you can't get them out even when you need to.

Gorilla has also just come out with an enterily new axle for the rear of the Grizzly and since you are replacing both it is definetly the way to go. Somehow it attaches both the right and left axle together through the rear differential. This will absolutly eliminate any chance of the axles popping out of the rear diff. Before you install check into the new axle, if you haven't already ordered it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DKNARND, I started this thread on his behalf (see "Georgia' Avitar" for the history)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Beast...got it. I don't view much other than the technical stuff so that was happening without me knowing about it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks guys .. install of the front went fine. i spoke with gorilla they told me it was ok to install yourself they just want to make sure it is installed properly, he said they have more trouble from the dealers than they do individuals..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts