Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what was his avitar that was so offensive?

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
ok,, I went back and checked some old posts,,, guess I figured out what I missed,,,,,it must have been one of those nights I came in and only one eye was working,,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
nj. hoo's got u hook line and don't go any farther

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hoo, it was Klu Klux Klan figure with white hood and a burning cross in the background. Nasty piece of work!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol ok,maybe that was inappropriate for here,,,i was thinking maybe he had the Rebel Flag and i would have to come to his defense,,,seems like more and more folks are get'n there panties in a bunch over Ole Glory

no Bob,i was serious,the dude made 3 posts,and his thread got locked,,,i havnt been in here much lately and just stopped in and seen the post about the Gorrilla axles,and was going to tell the guy if he installed them himself it voids the warranty on them,and at $355 bucks a piece keeping the warranty is something you want to keep

works been pretty busy,and what spare time i have ive been restoring 6 antique mausers,,,,my gun funds were getting low,and i try to keep my collection self sustaining by restoring,and reselling,,,it keeps the amount of my blood and sweat money (work)investing to a minimum

·
Registered
137 Posts
It was a very tasteless avatar and his reason for it was pretty weak. He was a racist plane and simple.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I'd have to say the same thing about the rebel flag stuff. Our group is called the "Rebel Outlaws" and we wear the rebel flag on our shirts, stickers on the quads, and have rebel flags all over our forum at http://rebeloutlaws04.proboards31.com.

I was pretty stupid to the rebel flag stuff and what it meant. When we formed our group in 2004, they had to tell me it was about heritage not hate. It took me a while and some searching and I agreed. I've only ran across one problem and it took me a bit to figure it out.

We went to fill up our quads at the gas station up the road. Two truckers pulled off the highway and walked across. They were black (which doesn't bother me, but it affects the story!). They spoke with me ex b/f and wouldn't look at me. He didn't even really live in the area and were lost. They wanted directions. Tyler looks at me and said, "She grew up here, ask her." Finally, they did and I gave them directions. They said thanks and walked back across the road.

I told Tyler that I was kinda offended because they wouldn't take directions from a girl. He said, "Uh no...that's not it." I couldn't figure it out. He pointed to the Rebel Flag I had flying off the rack of my Grizzly. He said I think that had a lot to do with it. From that point on, I really don't fly the flag off the back of the quad...I knew the truckers felt awkward after it was pointed out.

I'm still proud of our group...but I don't want anyone to think we hate anyone!

Dawn

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I certainly didn't agree with georgia's avatar! So I told him I didn't think his type was welcome on here. A couple other's didn't appreciate it either namely Rob who did the right thing and locked out the post and probably kicked him off this site?.......Irv

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I dont know dawn,,,,, I think maybe you might have been right the first time,,,, i mean , taking directions from a chick,,,, come on,,,, ,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,,, cg

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow Irv,your really upset about it,,,,i kinda think its funny someone would use it an expect to be able keep it

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Not really upset Hoo, I just felt it was inappropriate for an ATV site. If he has some type of racial agenda I don't think this site or any other is the place to voice it. I am sure the KKK has it's own web-sites that he can go on and voice his opinions. I am not so sure he would like it here anyways once he seen where eveyone was from? I just wondered how long it would have taken him before he started voicing his racial jibberish to some of my friends on here? This site is my favorite by far and the only one that I have ever donated to so I feel this site has no place for him or his prejudice views. I have chatted with lots of people on here and I don't care what color they are or where they are from. I don't judge people by the color of there skin, their political views, their religion or anything else! I just go by what is on the inside...........Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have to admit,thats still pretty funny

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
CG...now, I was gonna say something nice on the "Looking for a Date" thread...but now, hmmm...glad I didn't...just joking!

Dawn

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
cg. she wants you bad go for it .as for as race goes im not a racist im from the boston area.we just hate everyone equily .only kidding.i wish i could see the pic your all talking about. cant bring it up i suck at computers and spelling.(dah).bob m

·
Registered
93 Posts
hey guys, I saw the avitar I do not know the guy, I know that it could be associated with the KKK. As far as I know he did not start any racial bullshit. He was just put straight down without anymore input from him. Most of us have used inapropriate things sometime without realising the full implications. If he was a racist good ridence but if he was not this forum has failed him. Just my 2cents, don't forget I am from europe and know little of your problems in the USA. By the way this is still the best GRIZZLY forum, just not sure its the best place to wear your hearts on your vests!

David

1 - 20 of 43 Posts