Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is this price I got from a local dealer on a set of 25" Mudlites.
AT25x8-12
AT25x10-12

$229.50

How are the mudlites on rocks and mountain trails? The guy said they were six ply. I liked the Dirt Devils too, my buddy has them and they hold up well to the rocks and sidewall punctures.

Jim

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jim, I have a set of 25" Mud Lites on my stock wheels and I put about 300 miles on them before getting a set of 26". From the sizes you gave I assume these are the short lug version and not the new tall lug XL version. These are a very good all terrain tire with plenty of traction except they did not do to well in reverse. Don't know if this was a fluke or not but I have 2 plugs in each front tire on those 25's in the 1 season of riding them.

The only reason I am keeping them is for warranty purpose and I am covered until end of next year on that. I just had them on to take my Grizz in because the axle broke. Personally I would not buy a set of the 25" unless I was getting the new XL version with the deep lug. When the Lites first came out I heard of some people saying they were prone to flats and after some questioning it seems like the majority were talking about the 25" AT version. Since running the 26" version I have not had any flats, but I also have added a tire sealant to them so maybe I would not know about a puncture anyway.

The Dirt Devils have always had positive feedback on the fourms as far as traction and durability as long as you are not a mudder. Although they cost more the BigHorns are a very good trail tire. We have a set of 25" on my brothers Eiger and they perform very good, again if you are not a mudder. Also the 25" Bighorns are as tall as my 26" Mud Lites. I am thinking of getting a set of the 26" Bighorns for my Grizz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts