Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been hallin the grizz around for three days trying to get time to ride, finally made it today. Ten minutes into the ride I get thrown tryin not to bottom out going down hill over a rock. That wasn't bad it was when the bike decided to come over on top, I remember thinking how am I going to bench this thing off me or what if it pins my legs then how do I stop it from continuing then I was getting mad because my helement slid down so I could hardly see to catch my bike (gotta love those helemets though saved my melon today) luckly the bike stopped on the next roll upside down though in a sagebrush. Pretty lucky I think bike has its first real scratch and a broken brake handle I broke trying to straitn it out. Tuff bike can't wait to ride next weekend. Rolled it right side up rode back no problems. Think next time I'll listen to the girlfriend wen she yells at me for riding alone without telling any body where I'm going.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You were lucky that it didn't roll on you!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Hey, I get yelled at for the same thing. It's just not natural to go in and explain that you are going to take a quick ride. At least the next time she saw you you weren't in the back of ambulance. I wasn't so lucky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it did role over me the first time that was when I was worried how I was going to get off me when it kept rolling. The girlfriend yell at me again when she saw the scratches told me I was never going by my self again. She was also glad it wasnt like 4 years ago when I flipped one while hunting with here dad and she head to take me to the hospital for a seperated sholder.
Kodiak 660 I tryed to go on the side of the rock instead of just going overit the front right tire droped and kicked me over the front.
Starky how did you wind up in an ambulanc?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I had just gotten home from Iraq and had only been home for about 2 hours. My wife went in to take a bath so I was going to take a quick ride to the gravel pit on the Raptor before it got dark. While she was in the tub, the fire phone rang. We are on the volunteer fire dept. She decided not to get out of the tub to answer it until it rang a second time. It seems some idiot crashed on an ATV at the gravel pit (a common occurance)and the ambulance was on the way. Right after that she gets a call from a friend of ours who was at the gravel pit and told her I had wrecked the 4-wheeler and had a broken leg dislocated ankle and dislocated shoulder. She showed up at the gravel pit and she was trying to be concerned but she was smokin. So much for the big romantic reunion.
The crash was no big deal. I wasn't going fast. I went over a little jump and got a little sideways and instinctively stuck my foot out. When I landed my foot went under the back tire, which did the leg and ankle damage. I then fell off landing on my shoulder. Somewhere along the way I broke a couple ribs too.
Moral of this story...if the wife or girlfriend is planning a romantic evening, leave the 4-wheeler alone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aint that just how it goes you survive Iraq just to get it doin something simple at home. Hope you did get the chance to make it up to the wife. Maybe once she calmed down you got some TLC.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Waiting on me hand and fott or should I say shoulder and foot wasn't the high point of her summer. The only good that came out of it was I traded the Raptor for the Grizzly which ended up being hers anyway.
As far as the TLC goes, lets just hope i don't do something stupid when I come home from this adventure.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Waiting on me hand and foot or should I say shoulder and foot wasn't the high point of her summer. The only good that came out of it was I traded the Raptor for the Grizzly which ended up being hers anyway.
As far as the TLC goes, lets just hope i don't do something stupid when I come home from this adventure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts