Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally gotten my grizzly all back together after my bad rollover. If you don't know or remember, I rolled my grizzly on a hillclimb and did some major damage ($700) to the quad and also broke my wrist. Well, after lots of Ebay searching and some killer deals I got all the parts needed to bring her back to where she should be. I replaced all of the following: LF wheel, LF upper control arm, LF spindle, LF wheel bearings,LF rotor, front brake pads, LF control arm bushings, LF lower ball joint, rear rack, front and rear rack covers, handle bars, throttle housing, throttle rotator, and grips. I made some upgrades while replacing the damaged parts including Renthal sport soft grips, Factory 909 7/8" Raptor handle bars, ASV rotator, and sintered metal front brake pads. Now she rides and drives like she did and I will be testing her tomarrow so we'll see what happens. Here's a few before and after pics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heres my broken wrist.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Good job Black, it looks all better. I gotta know if your a sucker for punishment though? Riding with out a helmet is one thing but doing wheelies on asphalt? I don't think your noggin will heal as well as your wrist? Get a helmet on man! Ride safe.......Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Glad your up and runnin and that wrist pic looks narley.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Looks like you did a **** nice job. Just keep it safe now :)

Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Irv, I don't usually ever ride without a helmet, but I am extremely confident doing wheelies on anything and this was a rare occasion. I own 6 helmets, so they are important to me.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Glad to hear Black, I just cringe when I see some one riding without a helmet, I use to work in the safety shop at work, we not only taught safety at work but at home as well. I have seen and read many times about guys/gals getting brain damage and/or dieing just from not wearing a helmet. About 70% of the time the riders were just going for a little spin for something to do and that is when it happens. I learned myself dirt biking once, I had to go do some paper work in the bush and decided not to wear my helmet, on the way back on a hard packed farmers road I got a severe handle bar shake, it ripped the bars right out of my hands in 4th gear and probably 30-40 miles an hour or more? I got lucky, it corrected itself and I was able to grab the bars and slow down. When I got back my buddies thought I didn't make it to the bush! I guess with the look I had on my face said it all! From that point on I have never ridden with out my helmet on! I think someone was looking out for me that day?.......Irv

1 - 13 of 13 Posts