Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally got the 2" lift kit installed this weekend,and my handling worries were put to rest

i'm pretty surprised that it didnt effect the bikes handling no more than it did,i would say nominal

i do think the 1.5 wheel spacers had alot to do with it

i ended up with 16.25 inches to the bottom of the foot well,,,it's AWSOME!!!!

we went for a short ride (because the race was starting soon),and i took it through a deep section of the creek we all usually avoid,,,no problem

i got my new tank cover in,and most of the decals (still waiting for a couple i ordered last week)to do the new design,,,its going to have green Vampire Skull fading into green flames,i just want to have all of the decals in so i can figure out the best way to position them on the tank

i just got the digital camera,and im still trying to figure it out to where i can transfer the pic's to the puter,and then to the forum,,,,,hopefully i can have some pic's up by next weekend,,,,later

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
hurry up with the pics,,,, im going to order the same lift and spacers you got,,,,, did you measure yours before to see if you got a full two inches out of it,,,,on the picture thing,, I have win.xp,,, just save your pics in my pictures ,,, the go down below reply and click on browse and it will let you find the pic you want,,, then double click on the pic,,,, then click on add reply,,,,,, ,,, ,,, ,,,, ,,, cg

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have Teusday off this week,,,if i dont get anything else done,i will get soome pictures up,i'll just add a few when i get my tank done,,,,,thanx for the instructions CG,i'm going to need the help,i'm not really a puter guru,lol

i did get a full two inchs from the lift,and i got 2 inches from the zilla's,and when i have the claws on about an inch ,and 3/4's

i gained 4" inches between the lift,and going to the 27" inch wheel kit

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the instructions that came with the lift kit are somewhat vague,but they do give a couple pic's to use for a referance,,,but with the pic's it's hard to determine front,or back on the bike (direction on photo),but i was able to figure it out

it was a pretty frustrating task at times during installation,,,it wasnt a slam dunk getting all of it back together,but it will,and can,,,its just rough getting some of the bolts fed back through while aligning them with the spacer's,brackets,and the frame mmount all at the same time,,,the rear's were definatly harder then the fronts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sounds like quite the quad! Can't wait to see some pics, I am not to computer literate if you know what i mean and i managed to get some pics posted so i know anybody can LOL. Just practice and ask questions and i/we will help you through it. Geez, i sound like an expert now LOL............Irv

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
HooPharted, what brand of lift kit did you get?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Can't wait to see those pics either :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've been trying to load these pic's for 3 hours now,,,,they start to upload,and when the task bar reach's half way it stalls until the "cannot display this page" screen comes up

what am i doing wrong? i put the photo's in "my Pictures" folder,,,hit browse,select a photo (tried several differant ones),and hit the "reply" tab

i also tried to upload them to my profile page,,,,same thing

any suggestion's would be appreciated,thanx,Hoo

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
im not sure but it you are hitting select a photo that might be it,,, if you have a photo in your profile you can just hit "select a photo" but if not then click on browse, then it should open up your pictures,, when it does find the pic you want and double click on it and it will attach it,,, all you have to do is then hit reply, ,,, hope this helps,,,,, by the way, I ordered my lift kit and spacers today,,, kinda think you partly to blame,,,,,,, , good luck,,, ,,,,, ,, cg

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Ok from what has happend to me from experience is that from any camera over about three mega pixels the upload with my dial up connection takes so long it gets lost or something. What I have to do is when you have the picture in my pictures what I do is make a folder titled e-mail.

I then take the pictures you are going to upload and when you click on the pick go to the left and click email picture

when the window comes up asking to reduce click yes

when your email window comes up right click on the image link and save it to your email folder

Now when you click on the browse button in the grizz forum click on the picture in your email folder and try that one instead

What you did was just reduce the size of the picure and for me uploads to the site alot faster plus seems to work where the orginal file will not.

Hope you can follow that and if not will try to describe it better later or maybe someone else can or has another idea that might be alittle easier for you.

Good luck and don't give up on us :)

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
another thing you might try if the problem is too many pixles is to retake the pix,,,,, a lot of cameras will let you retake a pix at a lower pixle rate,,, I alway take mine at a high pixle then if I want to put them on here or email them I will just retake(sometimes called resize on some cameras),,,, then download them to puter again,,,,,, ,,, sure would like to check you grizz out,,,,,, by the way, I retake my and 640x480,,,,,,, cg

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i couldnt get the posted on this thread,but i did get a few on my profile

extreme's suggestion pointed me in the right direction,i had to reduce them,and e-mail them to myself,and then move them to a folder i created,and then upload them from there

i'll take a few more,and get them up tonight,now i know how to do it,,,thanx for the help

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i ordered a rear grab bar,it should be in this week,and i am getting the water temp guage,probably order that tonight,,,i'm still waiting on the last of the decals to do my other tank cover

i'll add the photo's as i get it done

also i misspoke,,,i remeasured it in the shed it sleeps in (where i measured originally prior to the wheel kit addons),and it measures 15 and 3/4's to the bottom of the foot rest,and keep in mind,those are 27" wheel kits,with NO CUTTING of any plastic,and its not even close to rubbing anymore

thanx again for the help on getting the photo's uploaded,im pretty thick when it comes to the puter thing,i still type with two fingers,lol

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey Hoo glad I could help and that atleast you undestood what I was trying to say. If you have some kind of photoshop program you can usally do it in them too but it seems to be easier this way once you get used to it more.

Where did you purcahse your grab bar from?

Mike

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Btw pictures in profile look good :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://prm-atv.com,,,,PRM was who i got the grab bar from,,,as soon as i get it,and get it on,i'll post a pic

i do have photo shop,but i dont know how to use it yet,your way works,so im happy with that,,never had a digital camera before,,,i bought a good one,5.3 mega pixles,and it seems idiot proof,all of the pics come out sharp (and it definatly wasnt because of me)

i used one for my wall paper,and the resolution is awsome

i put some more pics up already of some of the extras i put on

thanx again for the help

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Great pics in your profile Hoo,

Well done mate.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Excellent Pics Hoo! I need a digital camera now! Man, are those pictures clear! Thanks for showing me the BearClaw up close, they look even sweeter than in the magazine. How much rocky rough terrain do you ride in? I am just curious because of I was told tonight that they only have a 2 ply sidewall? Hopefully they are a tough 2 plies because I want those tires bad!......Irv

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sorry Hoo, i forgot to mention that your Grizz looks awesome! Great job! I thought of "Bad to the Bone" when i first looked at them.......Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Irv West viginia (atleast my area) is virtually all shale,red shale,and black shale,,,,if you see top soil,dig down 6 inchs,,,and shale,,,so all of the trails are shale base,but the mud holes are deep in the woods

as far as the 2 ply rating,,,,i thought i was losing my mind,so i went out to the shed,and looked,and they ARE 6 ply tires,,,,,either someone misinformed you,or maybe the smaller sizes are 2 ply,,,but the 27's are 6 ply,,,,i cant remember what size you said you were getting,,,but i'm pretty sure all 27" tire's,and up are a 6 ply rating,,,,they have to be,in order to stiffen the side wall up,and also for added protection because of the amount of side wall,,,,so if you wernt planning on 27's,it may be something to think about Irv

thanx guys for the input,i love that bike,,,its the first quad i felt was worthy of the attention,and the dough i put into it,,,,,i'm running out of things to do on it though,LOL!!!

i cant wait until the rest of my decals come in so i can get my new tank cover done,and on

later,,,Hoo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts