Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great site! I will get my Grizzly in 3 days! I have a Beartracker now and I just need something bigger, faster and stronger. I know there's going to be a big difference from a Beartracker to a Grizzly! What should I do to break it in? What maintenance should I do after break in?

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
hey master400,,, welcome,,,, my advice is simple,,, follow the owners manual,,,have fun and post some pics of the new toy,,,,, my guess is it is going to be a long three days,,,,,, "cg"

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Welcome aboard M400,

GC is right, it's going to be a long 3 days. Follow the manual and you should be fine, just get the feel for the rig before you push it. They have heaps of stick!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I too will agree with the both of them. I followed the break in decribed in the owners manual and the maintenance program they decribe and have not had any problems with it so far.

Have fun and be sure to show us some pictures.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The Grizzly is easy to ride and you will become accustomed to it very quickly. Like everyone said, follow the book and you'll be fine.

PICTURES, WE NEED PICTURES.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be a long 3 days for sure! It's going to be a brand new 2004 blue model but I got $1000.00 off of the price!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
what was the price before the 1000.00 off,,,,,, picked my 05 up for 6500.00,,, out the door,, plus I bought it in kansas,, I live in okla and the dealer hauled it to the state line so I didnt have to pay kansas state taxes on it,, saved me several hundred in taxes, also said I can do my own service and keep the warranty up ,,, I found the yamaha extende warranty for four years on e-bay for 489.00,,, couldnt pass it up,, figured just one oil leak some where would probably add up close to that,,,,,, but still hope I wasted my money, I really dont want to go without it while it would be in the shop,,,,,,,,, remember,, pictures when you get it,,,, ,,,,,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,, ,,, ,, , cg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's going to look just like a 2005 Blue Model! The 04 and 05 are exactly the same.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will pick it up on Tuesday! The price out the door is $7187.00! It's a little high to me but the tax is 8.5%! The MSRP is $7200.00 the dealer had it on sale for $6400.00 because it is an 2004 model. Then I got another hundred dollars knocked off of it to $6300.00. With all the tax title etc. it added up to be $7187.00! I wish I could get mine to somewhere around $6500.00! It was actually $900.00 off of the price. If he would have had an 2005 model with tax title etc. would have been near $8000.00! That's way too much! These taxes will eat you up! I am wondering is there any way to get the price down lower?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
It may be a little higher than some, but it's still a fare price. I have a 04 and a 05 and there is no differance between them, so don't worry about the year as long as it's new.
How many miles does it have on it. If it has any more than 1 or 2 I would be asking for a better deal. The ones that have been sitting around for a while tend to get taken out for "test rides".

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to see how many miles is on it. I'll see if the dealer can give me a better deal if it has some miles on it. Where the dealer is at there is nowhere to ride but about 100 feet at the most. There is businesses all around it and it's on a busy highway.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
It sounds like you are getting a pretty good machine but you may be able to get a little better deal. If it's a 04 and he has 06 models on the way, he needs to get rid of it pretty bad.
Before you make the deal, tell him you have to think about it one more time and go get a burger or something. Then call him and see if he can't come down another $500. He's not going to raise the price, so you really can't lose.
Also, see if you can get a deal on some gear. Maybe you can get some free stuff or a real good discount.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried to see if he could come a couple hundred dollars off of the price but he couldn't! He has the only Blue Grizzly for 100 miles! I'll have to pay it though! I'll have to see if he can come off of some of the price tommorrow. I can't wait to get it! I've got about 1.5 miles of trails in the woods around my house I will try it on! There is a ATV place about 3 miles from where I live that has about 6 miles of trails right around a river that I will ride it at! There's around 100 people on the weekends that ride! So it's pretty crowded! I'll have to try it on the weekdays! My neighbor has a Honda Recon 250 that will be dwarfed by my Grizzly! He has 40 acres of fields behind his house that we ride on! So I'm so excited!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I know I got kind of lucky when I purchased ours. My wifes limited red one was still in the crate when we bought it. They had a display on the floor but the showroom was so filled they said it would be easier to just open the new one in the back.

My blue one on the other hand was on the floor dry (no oil) and closer to the door with none in back. The day we finished the deal it was getting late so the guy said he would get it out in the morn. Recived a phone call the next day asking me if it was alright that they just unloaded a new blue one and if I would take that one but might be a extra day wait to uncrate and put togeather. Of course I said **** yea :)

When we got there they even waited to start both of them up for the fist time. So far for me can't get much closer to just taking the crate home then we did :)

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Master400, once you get that puppy home it won't matter what you paid for it. Sounds like you have some pretty good spots to ride on. Looking forward to hearing your first ride reports.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As soon as the first day of riding is over I will tell you all about it! Thank You All for your reply's. This is a cool site!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
why should I the dealer said after about 3 gas tanks change the oil!

·
Registered
78 Posts
because you need to get the crap out of your motor from the machining and break in....plus I read you got it hot the 1st trip out too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts