Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody done this yet or heard of anyone doing it? any Known results?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
sparky will chime in on this. he did a good job with this subject back around 4/1/6

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
madgrizz05, is that the conversion when you put a Bombardier 800 EFI int the Grizz Frame?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO, I was refering to a 800 big bore kit for the grizz motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I heard Yamaha is coming out with an 800 EFI soon....I thought I heard 2007, but not sure on the date.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Rumors, all rumors. Don't believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. Nobody will know anything until mid June or so.......Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I think Yamaha will be convential and follow past practice. I think we can expect the Raptor 700 EFI motor in the 2007 Griz. Just my thoughts!

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I was at the local dealership yesterday and the salesman said that they were about to go to the yearly show where they would find out what Yamaha would be offering for 07. He was in agreement that most likeky there would be a 700 Grizz with EFI, but there is no way of knowing for sure. Yamaha is very secretive about product releases!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Like most have said no one will know until June 12th when the new units are released. Not even the dealers as the release is the same day as the dealer meetings. More than likelt it will get the raptor 686 engine but am hoping for a 750cc and larger machine that is fuel injected and affordable unlike the Can-am 800 (formerly Bombardier). I am a power freak so I would be dissapointed if Yamaha doesn't make a 750 or 800 v-twin in a ute chassis. Can-am are making huge waves in the atv industy (ie: renegade) and would be a stronger force if they were more affordable. Up here in Canada the Bomb 800 with tires and rims will roll out of the show room for **** near $15,000.00. Way to expensive and I hope Yamaha doesn't follow there lead.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I think I have peaked as far as the amount of displacement i need. I'll get as much as I can out of the 660. Pretty soon you will be pushing $10,000 for a quad and that's a little rediculas.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I thought that it was already here. Isn't the Can-am 800 already over $10,000.00.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Those new Can-Am's(previously Bombardier)I hear are running about $15,000.00 grand! Throw in your taxes and a few add ons and it is even more! I sure hope Yamaha doesn't get as greedy as Bomb? But then again it would push our re-sale value up..........Irv

·
Registered
234 Posts
"But then again it would push our re-sale value up..........Irv "

But would it? if you check local pricing on trader.ca or any other style mag like that prices are starting to fall on machines that are still what i'd call good and unused

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Probably the market is just getting flooded with quads, they are out selling sleds 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 now. Probably a lot of people buy one thinking they are the thing to have and then find out it is not for them and then sell? I know the price of Harley's sure came down, it has a lot to do with the market being flooded and a stronger Canadian dollar.....Irv

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here in Australia the 800 bomb is only $800 AUS dearer than the grizzly And at $12500 and $13300 respectivelly I still bought the grizz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts