Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone hav'in this problem,when going into deep water,about top of front wheel opening ,it will start to bog and not rev up enough to move machine,has happened couple of times,sometimes clears up after a couple of minets and has done it for 2 days once,any help would be great thanks tom

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Could be a few things? steam getting sucked into you intake from the hot exhaust pipe? water getting into your electrical connections on your front diff servo's or entering your spark plug area. Could also be some other connections/wires that aren't tight or worn through in places? Have you put dielectric grease on all you connections? If not do it. I recently finished mine and although i have never had this problem(newer quad) I have heard of guys who have. Just get a tube at an auto parts store and apply it liberly to all your connections including your fuses, battery everwhere you can. I took off my front rack and did all of them under there as well. Just be careful when disconnecting the electrical plugs, they can break/snap easily! I put the grease inside the spark plug boot and also all around the lip that goes into the cylinder head. The steam issue can be fixed easily by pushing down on the bottom part of your gas tank and then put the cover for your air filter over the top of the tank instead of underneath it, your snout will now be between you seat and gas tank and steam will not enter it as easily. If all this fails then it maybe time to snorkle it? Good luck and take your time with the connections......Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Very Good Advice Irv, I did the same.... Problem gone!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts