Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of exhaust pipe is everyone running? im looking for a little more performance without the loud exhaust. what would you suggest? are there any sites with sound clips or something like that?

thanks,

brent

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Most guys that run/use an aftemarket pipe use the HMF with the quiet core, I have read that you can expect a good power increase as long as you rejet. There are others out there and I think a few guys/gals? on here have them. I know there is also a trick you can do if you don't want to spend the big bucks and that is to take a long drill bit(size??) and drill a bunch of holes in your rear baffle inside the pipe, that opens it up and lets the Grizz breath a lot better. I plan on doing that to mine soon and get a power tip like Beast has on his. Check out his pics(The Beast) in the members area. Good Luck....Irv

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the Power Tip for Christmas easy to put on. About $40.00 plus shipping on ebay. It sounds very nice (More so at lower speeds).

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Like Irv said, if you take a long drill bit and drill through your baffles you will have a little better air flow through the entire muffler.
I have the HMF QS1. It has a good throaty sound but not loud. I won't know the full effect until I put the airfilter on and re-jet the carb.

·
Registered
81 Posts
figured out how to get a loud sound on my suzuki.... let it the bottom rust a hole. its loud now that you can fit like a golf ball into it....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm running a HMF and it is loud. If noise is an issue then consider a supertrap so you can change the disk for the sound.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Dreamweaver, does yours have the quiet core installed? It is suppose to make quite the difference in noise levels.........Irv

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes it is in and not much difference in sound. either way you run it, it's still loud. for hunting season I put my stock pipe back on if I use it at all.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I think I am getting a power tip for mine from a guy west of me in Niagra Falls, he says he never used it much and only wants $30.00 Canadian and he will pay the shipping etc. Does that sound like a decent deal? I thought so, so hopefully he sends it soon?......Irv

·
Registered
162 Posts
i am running the HMF pipe loud but sounds good ,great power diffrence with jet kit

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm running a SuperTrapp with a K&N filter and Dynojet kit.
Not too much louder, More mid range power
I can lift the front end from a stop just by hitting the throttle.
The little pictures are in high gear from a stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts