Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Who has done it? Do you prefer it? I am thinking of taking mine off theis weekend!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I haven't taken mine off but the guys that have say it's great for technical stuff.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Starky,
I am really wanting to get a list of pro's and con's, so I can be sure before I go ahead...
I ride a lot of technical stuff, however i also ride on open farm roads sometimes! so i am not sure what to do?

·
Registered
382 Posts
if you think it would be a safety issue on the open farm roads without it Beast I say leave it, Id rather suffer through technical areas at a slow speed than to try some endo's on the farm road.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Mine is gone and has been since day one. The only thing you have to watch is at higher speeds ecepically when making turns you get more body roll and have to use more body english, other than that the added artictulation can't be beat. Mine will not be going on any time soon

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will 2nd Xtrmegrizz's reply

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Beast, since it's an easy thing to take off and put back on, I would try it and see how it feels. If the added articulation doesn't match your riding style you can always put it back on.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Myself I took it off and re-installed it. Even at slower speeds 30-50 kmh it had quite a bit of body lean(more than I liked). I would hate to see it at 90-100 kmh. If you do mostly rock crawling though it would be a huge benefit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i've also heard that alot of people like it off. the thing that im really excited about getting a grizz this summer is the full suspension. but my suzuki is a straight axle, but thats what i'll prolly do with my grizz too is remove the sway bar. if you can live with the body roll than go ahead and take it off. i've never had an IRS quad so i cant tell you how much of a diff you get from removing the sway bar. the grizz will be 2nd quad, and my 3rd offroad toy.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
NFG, you should try a set of chains on that Suzuki. You would be amazed at what you can go through with a set of chains even with 2 wheel drive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the for the price i paid for the suzuki, to me, its not worth it.and with the turf busters already rubbing the gas tank plastic guard and i think the other side is rubbing on the muffler too, i dont think chains would fit, because the turf busters are 1 foot wide.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I left mine on for a week ,then took it off and threw it away. The only thing you have to watch out for is high speed turns, because of the body roll. I have found that with it off, you can truely call it independent suspension.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finaly took the swaybar off. I put over 30 miles on it yesterday with lots of different terrain, anywhere from slow and technical riding to wide open. I stiffened up the front to #3 and the rear to #4 and IMO this was a good move,needless to say I do not think it will be going on any time soon. The nice thing is now you can actually use body english with it like this and it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The good thing about the sway bar is if you take it off and you don't like it you can put it back on. I think everyone should try it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Starky, Athough I ride a lot of technical stuff, I also like to open up on any long straight. I also like to powerslide using the throttle on the corners. I have now read enough to convince me I will kill myself if I take the swaybar off!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey starky ya cant handle a little body roll? you just have to compensate for it by putting more weight on the inside. im surprised the amount of people that take off the sway bar that say " wow there is some real body roll there". well no kidding, why do you think the dealers put them on there? for safety, have you ever read the safety crap that suzuki has on their website? its ridiculous.... but i agree taking them off would give you more articulation for the tech stuff but the wheeler then has more body roll. and thats what i plan on doing is taking the swap bar off and live with the body roll.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
NFG I'm not sure where that's comming from unless you meant to be hacking on THE BEAST. When you get your Grizzly let us know how it works for you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts