Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the boneheads at my local dealer installed a heat recall on my 02 grizz . when i picked it up the heat light was on the little wormy **** then reached up under the fender and it went off until i rode it , i have a snorkel so it makes it hard to take the rack and hood off any idea what color the wire is so i can maybe reach it ??

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Check out...
www.grizzhopper.com OR
you can find his wiring diagrams at www.totallyamaha.com under the Technical Pages and then under the Accessories heading

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
It's probably just the wire on the sending unit on top of the head. Take your left side panel off and look for the single wire attached to the head of the motor , just under the gas tank. I think if it's corroded or loose the light will turn on.

·
Registered
382 Posts
thats a good site Beast but, I didnt see the schematic georgia is lookin for, he needs more of a OE wiring layout rather than info for a mod.

I have been looking myself for a schematic of the Grizz, I want to see what the output of the altenator is supposed to be under load/no load. when I take it in for its first service I'll hit the dealer up with my question...Im sure there will be another Grizz in there for service to compare to.

def some good info on that site tho thanks!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If you down load the serice manual, you will have a full set of wiring diagrams!

See Doolin64 (Koko's) link to the manual

·
Registered
382 Posts
got it, thanks beast! going through it looks like they give decent trouble shooting flow charts for all the circuits with the schematics...they also mention seeing 14 vdc at 1000 rpm, I'll have to check mine out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts