Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 06 grizzly a couple months ago and love it to death. I came opon these forums looking for som new tires and decided to register casue it looks like you guys know what you are talking about. Anyone have those 27s yet?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Welcome to the Forum DB.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome aboard DB, I don't have new tires yet but I going to get 26 inch Bearclaws when the time comes......Irv

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
welcome db. i run 28's thinking of going to the outlaw 29.5's

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
cant help you with any tire info ,, but welcome to the forum,,,,,, usually if I dont know the answer to a question, I will just make something up,,, maybe next time,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,,, cg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for the warm welcome guys. If anyone knows any good website that sells aftermarket grizzly parts can you please post them here?

Thank You
DB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why go so big on the tires? For every 1 inch bigger you go, you only gain 1/2 of ground clearance. Bigger tires suck hp and put more stress on the components not to mention the pocketbook. I put 25" Mudlites on mine. I haven't found anything that it couldn't go through yet. Rode with a guy with 26". He got stuck, I didn't

·
Registered
462 Posts
to each his own,,,,if everyone had the same idea of what the perfect bike should be,we all would be riding cookie cutter bikes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think i am going to get new rims and tires till spring so i got a while to decide.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Just do a Google search for "ATV TIRES". You'll get hundreds of web sites. Go through them until you find the best deal. You'll be surprised at the price differance on the same tire/wheele combos.
Keep this in mind, if you go to a bigger tire you will need to install a clutch kit. The clutch is geared for the 25" tire and you will lose a lot of giddyap and have more belt slippage without the kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts