Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, greetings from Canada, I have a new 2002 Grizzly 660 with 900 km on it. (550Miles) It is hard to start and lacks power once warmed up, and the fan runs a lot!!!! Are there any recall notices that anyone is aware of????Also I am looking to install a Tach, any ideas??????Gauges are next also but I have found a little info on that matter here. Thanks If you could reply to mu e mail, its [email protected] thanks Peter

·
Registered
270 Posts
I found a valve adjustment to be a huge improvement on starting and running. You may want to perform some maintenance and routine services before you do anything crazy.

Jim

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a recall ,,, it is for the gas boiling in the carb bowl,, but part of the fix is to change the side panels to ones with vents in them,,, which would help the heating problem, Im sure others on here can tell you more,, and I think it is brought up in some past threads,,,, as far as guages go , I just installed a temp guage today, got it done late so will post pics when i get time,,,,,, havent rode it much with the guage on it,but let it idle for a long time in a hot shop and it was around 180,,, kinda give me a little peace of mind,,,,, would like to hear what kind of temps others are seeing so I can compare,,,, ,,,, also , you should be able to find out about the recall from you dealer,, yamaha should cover it I think,,,,,, good luck and welcome to the site,,,,,,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
550 miles isn't all that much, so it sounds like a valve adjustment is a good place to start. If it's been sitting for a while, you may need the carb cleaned out too. Dump the old gas and put some fresh stuff in, a new spark plug, oil and filter change and clean the air filter. After all that it SHOULD be running better.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, 550 is nothing... especially for a 2002... sounds like alot of sitting. DO the regular maintenance first and get everything in top shape. The valvue adjustment really was a night and day difference for me as it was hard to start before and now starts on the first try every time.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts