Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got a day off to ride and my bike lost all power to the wheels. i ahve all the engine power. i took the belt cover off and the belt was still intact. i started it up and the pulleys would not turn, they turn freely by hand. anyone have any sugestions? i was just riding some trails and it stopped having power to the ground, thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
How much mudding/water crossing do you do? It sounds like your clutch is full of mud/dirt? Also the water will eventually wash your grease out and the rollers will not move freely with no grease or packed with mud. Other than that I really don't know? Have you regreased your clutch lately. Go to ansley.com to instructions on how to do it...Good Luck.......Irv

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just greased it 2 months ago but havent ridden it since due to getting hired on to a kids prison. so it doesnt have any mud or water in it. when i took it apart there was some grease on the bracket that holds the assembly that you have to take apart and grease. i put a tablespoon of grease in where each roller rides then put a coating on the roller then put the rollers back in then assembled. this has been the second time that i have greased it.i wont be able to disassemble the roller assembly till this sunday of this weekend coming up.thanks for replying Irv.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i started a thread over in ATV Connection Yamaha forum about it,,,called it "Grizzly wont go",,,,,one fella seemed to know what to check ,and how to check it,,,,,seemed to think it had to do with a cintrifigal clutch inside the engine case,and he said it was a wet clutch

go there,and see if you can talk to "Honda Buster"

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the bottom end of my bike let go it made almost no noise when it broke just a little grinding it sounded like a cv going bad but i definetly didnt go anywhere it was $3500 to fix

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys and hoopharted. it turned out the nut that holds the clutch on backed off. (this time i wont put it on with an impact wrench. i was figuring it was something major so i didnt bother taking off the carrier that holds the clutch on, when i did and pulled on the clutch the nut fell off and i was holding the clutch in my hands. thanks for all the replies. i stop in here at least 3 days a week so i know you are all have very useful information. maybe now i can have my bike to pull in that big deer monday (lol). since it is going to be my only day off to hunt or do anything . but again thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts