Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Got a question.. I'm going to buy an ITP big wheel kit, 27x9x14 (front), 27x11x14 (rear). With ITP Mudlite XTR. My question is do i really need a aftermarket clutch kit? Will the bike still have decent power if i don't buy one? Oh yeah, not real big on walking wheelies... If that matters..

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
yes i would recommend a clutch kit, you will lose some of your bottom end power running 27's.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
A clutch kit would help for sure but just some word of caution on those ML XL's, A guy I deal with says he won't even carry them anymore, way to many issues and peed off people! He also said though if you are riding in strictly hard pack roads/trails they are not to bad but if you do any mud, soft dirt or rocky terrain to stay away from them? I have no experience at all with them just passing some info on.........Irv

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a differance between mudlite XL, and the Mudlite XTR, or r they the same tire?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
It was the radials he was talking about, I am not sure if the 2 you mentioned are both radials?...Irv

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks Irv. I am all new to this, so i don't won't to screw up and buy the wrong thing.. I've only researched online, no one around here has theses tires on their bikes. I would be the first...

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The XTRs are the new Radials, the XTs are the older style like my Dirt Devils. I haven't heard any bad reports on the XTRs but they're still pretty new. The XTs were the top of the line mud tire a year ago.

Firelab you are going to want a clutch kit with the 27" tires. You can get buy without it but you will be very disapointed in your power loss and you will be using low gear way more than you would like.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Starky, I bought my grizzly yesterday, and the guy told me that same thing you said, He said, that he would not go over a 26" tire. He said that there were alot of people braking axles, with the 27",an 28". And with a 25" or 26", I would not really need a clutch kit, unless I was doing some crazy mud riding...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Congrats Firelab on the new Grizz, what color did you get? We also need some pics!..........Irv

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Irv, Got some good pics.. Go to my profile. I bought the Camo Grizzly..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts