Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of these kits? If so how did it go and was there anything in particular to watch out for? Is there anyone else other than Highlifter that makes such a kit? I e-mailed them and am not impressed with there level of customer service. If I could find one somewhere else I would probably buy it from a different retailer if the price was right.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Try www.atvtires.ca or .com They may carry what you are looking for? Just click on the Canadian Customers heading on your left and then "Products we sell" Good luck.........Irv

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It tried them and they didn't list anything. I will phone maybe they can order something like it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I installed one after having overheating problems that the dealer could not fix or explain. It fit great. Also included is a bigger fan. It took maybe 3-4 hours. I have not had any problems with overheatng since. Service from H/L was great. I ordered the new radiator and a few days later it was on my front porch. I cost a lot, but worth it.
Dan

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is expensive, but I feel that it is cheap insurance. If I remember correctly it is $379.00 for the radiator and if the engine overheats it could cost you as much as $1500.00. Mine has never overheated but with the 686 kit it seems to run a little warmer. When riding in the summer when I shut the quad off and turn the fan on to cool the A/F in the rad the overheat light will come on. It never did this stock so the mods must be a little to much for the cooling system.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the plunge and ordered it. I found a supplier in Alberta that can get it for me for $470.00 Canadian. Not bad considering that it is $379.00 us which is $439.00 after the exchange. Take into consideration shipping and duty fees it works out to be the same price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts