Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking of buying a grizzly 660 06 model, in the past you could not run them at slow speed on a hot day, or they would sputter. Has yamaha solved this problem or does it still exist. My current model is a 2003 with the up grades.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Bootstrap my 05 has never did anything like that ever. I think all the heat issues have been dealt with. Besides that how hot does it ever get out here in Alberta? Just go and pick yourself up a nice shiney new Grizz. Oh yeah welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have never heard of that bootstrap? The only time mine sputters is when I go fairly deep and the steam gets sucked into the intake. It doesn't happen very often and there is an easy fix for that. Welcome to the site......Irv

·
Registered
81 Posts
bootstrap- if you get one where are you going to get one in alberta? im asking because im going out to red deer alberta to work on the rigs in Bowden alberta. well actually its Meer(spelling unknown) which just outside of red deer. and im gettin me a 06 grizz 660 too... i have a couple of couzins and an uncle out in Meer. so.... if you get one can you please either PM me or post here where you got it from thanx. i dont know any bike/quad shops out in alberta. where exactly is whitecourt?? and if anyone knows any sweet places to ride in alberta that would be cool. sorry for jacking the thread keep going.......... oh and bootstrap welcome to the site......

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I've never had a problem with either our 04 or 05 Griz and we work ours pretty hard in the summer pulling a disc and pushing horse manure in the paddock with the snow plow. They've gotten hot enough for the temp light to flash once or twice but then we just let them rest for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Near future grizz i end up buying my quads from Alberta cycle or Riverside Yamaha located in the Edmonton area whitch ever one has best price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts