Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads,

I took the Blue Meanie out for the week end. A mate and I went by 4x4 about 10klms into virgin scrub then we loaded the Grizz with food, water, camping and hunting gear for two men by 2 days and rode through more virgin scrub for over an hour (about 12 klms).

We made camp just off a flood plain just on dark. We went out at sunrise and I got my mate onto a nice boar (with his Bow) I then blew a stalk on a good boar, then walked for a few hours looking for more pigs.

After lunch back at camp we loaded the Griz with the same two men, day packs and hunting gear. We travelled around 12klms through grass upto 6 feet high. The ground was really rough in places particularly where the feral pigs had rooted up the soil, but the Grizz handled it in fine form. My mate then shot his first Buff with his new 375H&H (that was really awesome). I got the Grizz bogged in a small crossing (bottomless soft sticky mud) and winched her out no worries.

The next day we just cruised the flood plains checking for prospective hunting areas before riding to an unknown waterole to check it out for Barramundi and Saratoga, They were there but we were stung by paper wasps and had to retreat back to the 4x4 and into town (around 3 hours away as I am allergic to the little buggers)

The Grizz performed like an absolute champion. I was knocking over sand palms as round as my forearm and bigger cutting a path as needed. Some of the terrain was horrendous and the extra inch or so from the lift kit more than helped.

All in all I just want to say what most of you Lads already know.......

THESE MACHINES ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoy the pics.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The flood plains

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last one

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Great pics...I take it you made it into town ok and did not have a reaction to the bees. Other than that sound like a good time!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Cool pics interceptor, great story as well especially about the Grizz! I know i haven't had a quad as long as some of you but i still can't figure out what the H#ll took me so long? I still think they are the best quad on the market hands down.......Irv

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am with you Irv I have only had mine since Feb and every time I get on it I am amazed at it's capabilities!!!

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great story, sounds like a real good time. I have had my Grizzly since march 05 and still have not found anything I can't make it through. But I plan to keep trying if I knew how to get my pics on the site I would have to show the mud hole I went through last weekend

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
zwick,,, you should be able to save your pics in "my pictures" ,,, then go down below reply to where it says photos, hit browse and find the pic you want, and double click on it,, it will load then hit "add reply",,,, that is how i do it using windows xp,,,,,,,, good luck,,, ,,,,,, also great pics interceptor,,,,, this site to me is like hustler,, the more pics the better,,,, cg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts