Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My longest one day ride was 100.7 miles on the Piute Trail. I did not run out of gasoline or go to the reserve. (There was a blinking gas tank light by the gasoline display but I never switched to the reserve.) The second longest ride was 85 miles. The second longest had more uphill runs than the first and I almost run out of gasoline on that trip. (Still did not get into the reserve portion of the tank.)

For my Wife's Honda Rubicon she hauls a 2.5 gallon gas can on the front of her wheeler in a cut down milk crate. She takes it even on the shorter rides. She said that running out of gasoline is no fun and she dosen't want to run out in the outback.

I purchased the milk crate from the office supply section of Walmart. I cut the crate in two just above the second horizontal line on the crate. (I cut it on my table saw with the wood blade in place and then sanded it with a sanding block.) I then used nylon ties to tie the crate to the Rubicon. A bungie cord holds the gas can in place.

I have seen some great ideas. What do you all use that does not interfere with the rear trunk and you can still get the Grizzly on the trailer without taking the gas rack off?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
dgr go to this site and go to body then to gas tanks http://atvs.ridegear.com gas tanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
i simply bungee a 2.5 gallon can to my front rack and go. had those gas can holders but they seem bulky to me. and i had them top mounted to my rack not hangng from it.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
djr /www.montanajacks.com/also have this tank. may have better price.dont know bob m

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I use the fuel pack like the pics above but the other on I was going to mentiond was the one I think bob gave the link too. It hooks to a rear reciever and will hold two cans on the back, its a real nice deal.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I strap a 20 litre Jerry Can on the rack!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
The longest ride I have been on I think was about 80KM's or so? I have had no need to carry extra gas yet but I do have a spot in my rear seat for a 1 Gal. gas can if needed. I hope to some day soon go for a long trail ride in some place new, maybe even camp out over night etc?..........Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
My longest ride was about 95 miles. Never went to reserve but then most of it was dirt roads. I have one o0f those 2 1/2 gal can holders that bolt to the back of the rack but riding on rough trails it tore that little piece of crap bar off the back of my rack. Since I do a lot of fensing with the Griz I'm going to get one of those drop basket deals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts