Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I wanted to know to make the adjust the front shock on my grizzly,Since i should be putting the new front bumper on and be doing stuff to the front anyway i would like to adjust the shockswhile im working on it. I looked at it and all i seen was a nut on the top that loooks like its holding the shock together and i would like to have the plo to go up instead of the end of it going down when i raise the plow. Thanks,Brad

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I use a pair of channel lock pliers,,,,, raise the grizz to take some weight off of it,,,on the lower part of the shock, right below the spring there is a silver ring with five detents in it,, each one being a little deeper,,, if it is set soft now it will be in the deepest detent,,,, take the channel locks(they make a special spaner wench) and turn the silver adjusting ring to a different detent,,, this is probably not explaned exactly right, but I think once you look at the bottom of the shock you will see what I'm talking about,,,,,, ,,, hope it helps,,, ,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I use a pipe wrench and get the same effect. I also have a piece of inner tube that I put around the shock for grip and to keep from scratching up the shock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts