Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 2 big dealerships in Grand Forks North Dakota. There are a few smaller ones but I don't know much about them.

Revolutions Powersports is the Yamaha, Kawasaki, Polaris dealership. That's where I bought both our Grizzlies. They have a very good selection to choose from. I was able to compare the Grizzly, Kingquad and the big Sportsman side by side which was pretty nice. Their mechanics on the other hand, are the worst I've seen. It would take up too much room to list all the stupid stuff I have seen them do.

The other big dealership is Hanson Cycle and Marine. It's a Honda dealership. I don't care for the Honda's, but their mechanic is one of the best I've seen. If you go to get your valves adjusted he will explain in detail what he did and how much the valves were out of specs. I have a friend that works in the parts department which doesn't hurt. They are also certified Yamaha mechanics so they can do warenty work.

We also have an independant mechanic out by the airport. His place is called Dave's Total RV. He mostly works on bikes, quads and snowmobiles. His work is excelant, he gets the best prices on parts and he spends a lot more time on your machine than he charges for labor. If you're in the area and need work done, that's where I reccomend you go. Tell him I sent you, he knows me well.

Now lets hear about your dealerships.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
dealer whats that? this far north there are no dealerships. bought my grizz from the local co-op store. warranty work next to impossible, not to mention nobody even closely quallified. ( i might let them inflate someone else's tire ). learn to do it yourself, take care of the ride or stay home.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Don't want you to have to use my dealership. I had the front wheelbearings replaced on 30 May, they were both toast by the 21 June.
I had my clutch cleaned regreased and 14 days later it fell apart!
The list is endless!!!

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Dealer mechanics are not the best that is for sure.Cant say what i really want to cause kids might read this:) I have had issues with them myself.Thank god I dident waste the money on the ext warrenty. Like steve says learn to do your own work it helps.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
The dealer where I got my Grizzly, Michael's Reno Powersports, is HORRIBLE in every way. I didn't know any better at the time, but they're slimey in the sales department, they're slimey in parts, and they SUCK in service. I called to get the first oil change done at 20 hours and was told there would be a three week wait to get it in. The same dealership spent TEN weeks rebuilding the transmission in a friend's Warrior and it STILL wasn't right when he got it back.

I haven't had the chance to try the dealer up here in Helena, MT yet. They're both Yamaha and Honda. I've used the local Polaris dealer on my Sportsman and they seem okay at best, but hardly stellar.

Rob

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Steve,

I know what you mean, my nearest dealer is a plane ride or 12 hrs drive away (when the road is open), I rang them today and got prices for a Dynojet kit $150.00 and 8 weeks to deliver, Aftermarket pipe $780.00 and in stock, and they won't have an 07 700 for me to look at for atleast 2 months.

Beast,

I hope they get it right for you Bud.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
256 Posts
I bought a used grizz so I don't go to the dealer to service it. I have 2 buddies that are very good mechanics and they do all the work that I can't do...at a good price. I only deal w/ the dealer for parts...and they're expensive but aren't they all?

My local Yamaha dealer is actually a Polaris dealer...My buddy has the 800 SP and has had quite some problems w/ it but got very good service from them

·
Registered
85 Posts
I go to a shop just up the road from me its called Speed Machines/ Red Necks the owner is very honest and reasonably priced and the mechanic is great too. Just nice people running an honest buisness.

·
Registered
162 Posts
everyone in the savannah georgia area including brunswick are awfull..if i would have not found this site ,my 4 wheeler would be toast..thanx for all the help guys ..

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
So I guess the best course of action is to buy a mnaual and get ready to get greasy...

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have a manual on my comp if u want me to send it to ya, bob

warning- it may be too long for ur email to accept

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Siloam Springs (Arkansas) Cycle sucks in my opinion...you'd have to read my post on my flip with the Grizzly to see why I hold that opinion. Their customer service AFTER a sale really sucks!! They don't mind selling you the ATV, but after...you're on your own.

As for other local places, I'm not really impressed with any of them out of Fayetteville, Springdale, and so forth. I have one local guy that is not a dealer that I don't mind going to...Mike's Bike Shop in Siloam Springs, AR.

Dawn

·
Registered
41 Posts
REEDS LEISURE, REGINA,Saskatchewan. Real good guys,lowest price on my grizz, nobody around here could come close! good mechanic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought mine in Atlanta, Ga at a dealer called Mountain Adventures. They beat everyones prices in the area by a long shot. I recently moved to Florida but drove back to Atlanta to buy and plan on taking it back up to the same dealer for service when I go to visit.

www.mountainadventuresga.com is the link to their page. The new 700's are out now so they may be about the same as everyone else. However, next year around April or May check this site because they have HUGE sales. Bought my 660 about a month ago for 6,700 plus tax

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody looking for parts in Canada should try dealing with Royal Distributing. Thye have been awesome with me and usually get me any parts i need within 3 days even though I'm in Northern Alberta. ( They are based out of Ontario) I buy all my parts there so i don't have to give the dealer their markups. Another plus is that all of the tire and rim packages are on a grizz. You can order a catalogue online @ www.royaldistributing.com

·
Registered
234 Posts
660grizzle they are just down the road from me here, about 45 mins, they have great deals but if your careful sometimes a better deal can be found. they do however offer a great selection aswell as shipping. and those are great benefits to many people that arent close by.

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Got mine from Rusty Palmer's in Honesdale, Pa. I took it back for the 20 hour service, but that's the last time that it's seen the insides of their service bays. While my experience with them has been limited, my friends have had no complaints, and if I had to, I'd take it to them for any MAJOR work. The stuff that I can handle with the shop manual, a flashlight, a chainsaw, and a first aid kit though, I'll tackle on my own.

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
You've never seen me check the oil in my Jeep either... Suffice it to say; I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to mechanicals... B-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hauck Power Sports in Rice Lake, Wisconsin have treated me right. I have no complaints. They race snowmobiles very successfully. They can modify your ATVs if you want. They got the no-how. If you want your 660 made into 800, give them a call. Check out their web sight..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts