Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks I want a trailer just for the Grizz, you know what I'm talking about one that will handle some weight but not be cumberson. I'm imagining something like 4x5 or along those lines. no need to be able to dump, suppose I wanna haul some firewood, some mulch, or perform neighborhood landscaping I need to haul the push mower and weed whacker...maybe even take my girls for a hay ride in the fall.....am I painting a familiar picture here?! I've seen some ATV trailers that the price was high as nuts on a giraffe (like $700 hun) and I dont wanna spend that kinda dough for a play trailer....any suggestions from this awesome knowledge base we have here?? I dont have to have it today but, these thoughts are running around my head, summers coming.

G nizzle

PS I need a spell checker to.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should clarify this: the trailer is actually for the Grizz to haul, not to be hauled on...I'm gonna buy a bigger one to haul it on...with room to haul another.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Too bad you weren't closer to me. I'm trying to sell my 5x8 trailer for $300. It actually hooks up nice to the grizz too for hay rides. But I used it all last year to tow behind my truck.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**** Doolin...you put that thing on eBay and it will sell quickly, trailers around here dont last long at all. I think you're trailer new is around $800. maybe I'll just do what you did and end up buying one like yours but, having a small one just for the Grizz would be cool I think.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SIDE NOTE: bought a cover for the Grizz, I was really looking hard for one that was made just for it with the tuning fork logo on it but alas, no find. I settled for a plain black one...I saw a really cool blue one for one of the other bikes but, none for the Grizz...(that had the logo). Peep this, I want to take it out in the woods and scuff it up but when its pampered in the garage it gets a cover?!?!?

I need a check up from the neck up.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey don't worry nizzle I have a cover for ours also when they are in the garage. I thought Yamaha made one for ours with the fork, I ended up getting one from Moose.

As far as trailer I don't pull one behind my Grizz sorry wish I could help. Only trailer I have is a FeatherLite trailer 6x12 that I tow the two Grizzly's on behind my truck, cost $1200 all aluminum. I had built a steel trailer that would haul them but kind of small so I decided I wanted aluminum. Priced it out and at whole sale and also with us buying 10 tons of steel plus my time I could not match the price.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the vote of confidence Xtreme...just bugs me to have the thing uncovered with the kids runnin in out the garage dodging daddy's new toy.

on that trailer of yours, in the future when you're not too busy can you send/post a pic of it? also, who is the manufactor? I really like the sound of all aluminum as my stuff seems to rust just sitting around here with the humid conditions we have here near the Bay.

I'd love to have a big a55 barn to keep all my toys in...

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
not a problem here is one pic with the grizzly's on. The make of the trailer is FeatherLite, they have a web page and make a variety of trailers ( have to agree on the spell check, need it). Trition is also a aluminum maker but the reason I went with the one I have is because of the size and the floor is all aluminum also instead of wood. The side rail you see in the pic also is removable and used as ramps. There are four all togeather two long like you see and the back portion has to shorter ones. Others are laying on the ground by my garage that is why you don't see them.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Check Harbor Freight. They sell tools and stuff. They have a trailer that folds up and you can stand it in your garage to keep it out of the way. I don't remember the size but I think it is about 5'x8'.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
They actually have 2 of them and they are both 4x8 and you put your own piece of plywood on it. One has 12" wheels and holds 1,175 lbs and the other has 8" wheels and holds a little over 900 lbs. I didn't see the price on them because it was taking too long to load.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nizz, do you have TSC's around you.

My nephew bought a trailer to haul his 400EX on for $300 and some change.

It's like 4' x 6'. Nice little trailer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TnWrangler:
TSC's what the sam **** you say at me man??!?!?! :)

Xtremegrizz:
that joka tight!!! I really like that all aluminum jobby, question, could you carry firewood on it?

the little trailer TnWrangler is talkin bout sounds perfect for the Grizz to haul but Xtremegrizz's rig will be needed for the heavy stuff.

G nizzle

PS this site is way cool, I bet I could ask any question and get an answer...watch this: where's my beer?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Check by the T.V. remote and next time keep it on a leash.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Hi Lads,

I am thinking about building atrailer also. especially now I have a spare set of stock rims and tyres, I will keep you posted.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
now why didnt I think of looking there?!?!?! You folks are better than the A Team! thanks for resucing my Beer Starky, had it got warm I couldve been accused of alcohol abuse. :)

Nizz

·
Registered
119 Posts
TSC = Tractor Supply Company.

www.mytscstore.com

Oh, and your beer. You drank it - get another one.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ohhhhh TRACTOR S U P P L Y C O M P A N Y why in the **** could I finger that one out by myself?!?!?!?! there's one right near the dealer where I bought my machine, how convienent! I have never even been in one of those either....I normally go to HD (figure that one out smarty pants)

heh heh heh heh

you're right about the beer to!

Thanks Tennessee :)

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
We just got a Home Depot and so they built a Super TSC. I could spend all day )and most of my money) in those places.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
We just got a Home Depot and so they built a Super TSC. I could spend all day(and most of my money) in those places.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Double post, I hate when that happens.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts