Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I made it home and finlly got the tracks on the Griz. I had Jo take it to the shop to have the clutch, pipe and air filter put on so i wouldn't have to mess with it when I got home. Well the clutch doesn't come with a gasket so he had to order it. After 5 days it still hadn't shipped so I picked up the Grizzly and will take it back when the gasket comes in.
Anyway, I got the pipe on and it sounds awsome. I couldn't put the air filter on because it needs to be jetted with the cold temps.
I got the tracks on today and they are outragous. I was going through 4 foot deep soft snow drifts with no problem. Yes, I said 4 feet deep. The Griz floats on top of it like a duck on water.
Tomorrow I will get some pictures but in the mean time I'm stuck in GRIN mode.

·
Registered
42 Posts
good to see you back Starky.......looks like there is a little unrest over there

·
Registered
462 Posts
glad to see ya made it home Starky,i bet mrs Starky had to sleep for a week,peace

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Glad to hear you made it home safe Starky, Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your grizz..........Irv

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Hi Starky,

Sounds like you have been busy, bring on the pics mate.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
hmmmmmm nothing said about the special tonic,, you know the green stuff,,,,,, ,,,, welcome back to the good ol U.S.of A.,,,,,,,, ,,, ,,, ,cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was waiting for that CG. So far we have been too busy clearing out the shop for some remodeling projects. Too tired to chase the fairy by the time we are done for the day. Tonight will be the magical moment.
I have about 4 more days before I head back to Afghanistan. The time just goes by too fast. Today we are going to do a little target practice with the bows and then go see a gun show. I also have to get a snowmobile suit. One thing about riding with the tracks is you get covered with snow. Expecially with this fresh powder we have gotten in the past couple days.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Starky what exactly are you doing over in Afghanistan? When are you home for good to enjoy the wife and grizzly?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doolin, I'm contracted to run the airfield at Bagram Air Base. We sign a contract for a year at a time. August will be the end of my second year and I'll come home. I may go back later but I'm going to take at least a year off.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Early ride report on the tracks. They're just awsome. I got stuck twice but it was easy to dig out under the Griz and either back out or get a better run. In one place I got stuck, when I got off the Griz to dig out I sunk up to the jewls. It was so deep I couldn't walk, I had to crawl and roll. I did tweak one of my front lower a-arms. Sometimes the learning curve can be costly. I was going up a 2 foot plowed cut bank at an angle and one track went up and the other caught the tip and went down. I can still use the tracks but it will definately have to be fixed before tires go back on. If anyone has a left and right lower a-arm I will buy them from you. Mrs. Starky bent one on hers plowing snow but not bad. Pictures are comming.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Glad you like the tracks Starky, they do look pretty awesome in the pics I have seen. I am guessing you might have a hard time finding your A arms on here though? Try E-Bay and see what you can find or off to the dealer I guess? Hopefully they aren't too expensive?. Good luck........Irv

·
Registered
382 Posts
Starky how do you figure she bent the A arm plowing? i know it sounds like a dumb question but I aint gettin that one. if its something to look out for I'd like to know...Im new at plowing....i discoverd a few hidden dangers today, it was my first time plowing. it was lots of fun tho!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry I ditched you guys, I'm now back in the Stan. I promiss I'll get the pictures up today.
Niz, she has the Swisher Plow witch actually mounts to the front lower a-arms. I don't like the set up at all, but the Swisher bucket is great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts