Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://maps.google.com/?ll=41.126985,-74.322381&spn=0.013545,0.028925&t=h

Copy and paste this link into another window. It will open an interactive satellite map of where I live and ride. Scroll to the left side of the image (left click then grab and hold, then move your mouse to the RIGHT) until you see the airport, it is just off screen when it loads. Center the airport in the middle of the map and then look in the upper left corner. You will see McKinley Place and Cleveland Ave. I live at the east end of McKinley Place.

Now I will give you an interactive tour of where we ride. You can fol my directions on the map. You can also zoom in and get a better pic of where we go.

1) We ride to the right or EAST, over to the right-of-way where Eagle Drive is located on the map.
2) Now ride SOUTH to the fire road that parallels the airport.
3) Ride EAST past the airport, cross Airport Rd near Industrial Rd.
4) Now you are into the old Jungle Habitat lands (1970's Warner Bros Safari Park). Follow the trail NORTH EAST to Greenwood Lake TRPK.
5) Cross Greenwood Lake TRPK and ride EAST just SOUTH of Green Turtle Lake.
6) Ride SOUTH across Greenwood Lake TRPK again and then SOUTH past the rock quarry (very white area on the map).
7) Follow the old railroad bed SOUTH along the resevoir water to the power line right-of-way (looks like a carved out line running EAST-WEST).
8) Ride WEST on the right-of-way to the top of the mountain ridge (you can see the ridge on the map). (This is where my buddy flipped and broke his leg last winter - you may remember my post. Now you can see where we had to get him to for help... We rode carefully to the rock quarrry and Burnt Meadow Rd to mee the ambulance.)
9) Ride the mountain ridge SOUTH almost to the next right-of-way. You will see the small un-named lake just to our WEST.
10) Ride WEST to this lake (the small oval to the North West side of the lake is a sand pit quad track).
11) Now we ride NORTH WEST, meandering our way back into the Jungle Habitat lands. This is a large area and there are hundreds of different trails we can take.
12) We take this back towards the airport.
13) We get back on the fire road, ride WEST past the airport, back to the right-of-way on Eagle Rd and back to my house.
14) Then EAT, CLEAN, and REST! haha.

That is our usual ride. It is about 20-25 miles and takes us about 3-4 hrs, depending on repairs and detours we take.

The other ride we do, but not as often, is at Green Turtle Lake, we ride NORTH EAST in stead of coming back SOUTH past the rock quarry. We go into the large expanse there called Sterling Forrest. We ride up, over the NJ/NY border and all around up there. That ride is a much faster flat ride, which some of the guys enjoy. Most of us enjoy the slow technical rock crawling and amazing views of the first ride better. Check out my profile for pictures of this ride from on top of the mountain ridge.

If you click on the controls on the left side, you can zoom out and see where I am in relation to NYC and the rest of the USA and the world! If you don't have Google Earth, get it. It is much better than this interactive map and is ALOT of fun to find things with. I looked up alot of your towns based on where your profile says you are from. To get Google Earth, go to google and just search for it. Download the basic free version... it is great. It is a pretty big program too, so it isnt for really old computers.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=41.126985,-74.322381&spn=0.013545,0.028925&t=h

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
that sounds pretty interesting,,, I was going to download the free version the other night and didnt,, then I really screwed my puter up,, long story but I got a new dell sitting here and am about to get it going,, then Im going directway(the satalite) for my internet,,,,,,, when I get it all going I wil check it all out,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Cg you should know you can't weld accessories to your computer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Grizzly NJ

When I click on your Profile you have some pics of the Beast doing some jumps (he's from S Africa) can't guys from your part of the world manage jumps of your own????!!!!! All the best Grizzlyspain.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thos Beast pics are ones I did for the T-Shirt image. And the only jumps I do like that are by mistake! haha

CG - The link I provided is a web page, not the whole google earth program, so you should be able to see it with your old computer also.

Jim

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
lol,,, my old puter went blind,,, it dont look so good any more,,, but I got the new one up and running,,, got to get my pics and stuff off the old one yet,,, when I get time Im going to check it out,, thanks,,,,, ,,,,, cg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts