Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dam these look sweet ! Sounds like a great combo. Check it out

http://atvfrontier.com/ftopict-10898-.html

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Not bad IMO. Have mixed thoughts on it and how it looks, I just hope this don't start something for a quest to go bigger..lol

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I have reservations about these. Losing too much sidewall means less flex and a harsher ride. Plus I don't think it'll work as well on the rocks, and the larger diameter wheel will get scarred up by smaller rocks.

Maybe it'll work, but I'm not convinced...

Rob

·
Registered
27 Posts
You'll get back some of the ride by being radials. But it's a mighty high price tag for a set tires!

And, if you live in Wisconsin, they aren't even legal on the trails. State law defines an ATV as having 12 inch rims maximum. So, on top of the high price, iffy ride, and questionable looks (personally, I like the looks) there's the limited use.

Overall: bad idea. IMHO.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey SailorGrizz I did not even relize that about WI and for often as I ride there you think I would. Ha, learn something new everyday :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
The new ITP Mudlite XTR's do come in 12" and when I talked with ITP today they said the 12" will hit the market this summer. I think the new design of a mudtire in a radial, is completly aweseome. I do agree with most of you that the new 14" is skeptical for true hardcore trail riders, but the 12" will be the CAT'S ASS. They are a bit pricey but for a radial mudtire but I think they will be well worth it. I know as soon as summer gets here I will be ordering me some in the 12" style. The new X-treme Terrain Radials by ITP will come in 26x9Rx12 fronts and 26x11Rx12 rears and also they will be available in 27" for the 12" rims! Imagine a radial Mudlite and what kind of ride it would give being a radial, but still has some good treads for the mud & snow! I am not convinced on the new 14" style but in 12" I am excited about them and cannot wait. I love my Mudlites and now with a radial design I am sure they will be even better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts