Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 model and is it normal for the rear RHS axle (looking at it from the rear) to rub on the shock spring on full up travel. The dealer says it is and is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
What setting do you have your springs set at? I just checked mine and I have an inch or more of clearance. Are you talking when the suspension is fully compressed, like carrying a heavy load? I think that is the only time it should ever rub if it is going to rub. I have my springs up to the 4th setting all around and they have never rubbed. So to answer your question, no, it is not normal for it to rub. Nothing should be rubbing or binding anywhere. Give us more details on exactly what you mean? Fully loaded(springs compressed?) or unloaded(springs at rest?)........Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I suppose if you put enough weight to bottom it out it may rub but then I would think you're overloading it. What are you carrying?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I said earlier its on full up travel (compressed). Sitting normally I have a good inch of clearance. The springs are on std factory setting. Im not overloading it but on un-even terain with normal travel the axle (just) rubs on the spring. Its only just touching but has taken some red paint off.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I would raise your spring setting up a notch or 3, I have mine at the 4th and I really like it. It didn't make for a harsher at all....Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Irv's right, try one notch stiffer on your rear springs and see how that works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts