Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Looking for some opinions on these 2 tires. Looking at buying some in the near future. I'm going to be doing some trail riding and some mud riding, No crazy mud holes though.... Anyone that has either set or knows something about these tires, your info. would really help.. Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Go with the xtrs traction is grest I have 26". MikeGrizzly I am in PA were is Red Lion?? any good riding around there? Also have same 2006 red Grizzly. How is yours running?
Man every time I ride mine I love it more and more .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Love my XTR's. They'll look better than the regular Mudlites. The XTR is supposed to be the hybrid tire, combining the features of the 589 M/S and Mudlite. I recommend them. Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ride Hard,
Red Lion is 6 miles south of York.
I ride Michaux State Forrest, Northwest of Gettysburg

As for Lovin My Grizzly, Me Too! As of today I have 530 miles on it. I've been to Michaux almost every weekend since I purchased it in Mid Dec.

Check out my signiture for my Mods. I just added a Steering Stabilizer and it is a huge difference on rough terrain. My arms were like puddy after twenty min of hard riding without it. Now, its a little harder to turn quick but the bars do not get ripped out of my hands when hitting rocks, stumps, etc.

This week I also added 6 more plates to my SuperTrapp Muffler,now at 18 plates, and took the main jet up to a 160. (Tunable Mufflers are the best) This thing now runs better than ever. Great Low end and a nice punch in the mid range. I can loft the front end in high gear, from a stop, without pulling on the bars.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Mike, did you have to modify the stabilizer at all or did it bolt right up. It looks pretty clean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
Just food for thought. I had Kenda k299 Bearclaws on my 400 Kodiak and loved them. I just brought my 05 Griz in today to have Kenda K299 Bearclaws put on her. Going to a 26. Great tire and excellent in the mud and I found them to be an all round good tire. Sold the quad before I had to much mileage on them so I don't know how long the last
Everyone I know runs Mudlites and likes them alot so they are all good tires. the Kendra runs about the same price too.
Den

·
Registered
92 Posts
MikeGrizzly, I'm a pa rider too....Where did you get your stabilizer kit? Does it bolt right up? Where is Red Lion? E. or W. Pa?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rider11x
Red Lion is 6 miles south of York, 35 south of Harrisburg
Stabilzer is a Gibson from HellboundRacing, its a bolt on.
here is their web site, Grizzly is not listed, give them a call they know what model will fit.

http://www.hellboundracing.com/products/gibson/gibson_steering_stabilizer.htm

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the info...One will be ordered soon!!!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts