Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Rocky Mtn ATV Jam in Utah this fall and had Jorgenson's Honda rejet my 2005 Grizz for the altitude there (11,000 ft ) as I ride from 0-4000 feet in Washington. I kept the old jet for riding in my area. My question becomes how hard is it and how long does it take to rejet? I would rather do it myself. A quick step by step if anyone has it would help. I am mechanically inclined but don't want to mess it up. Do I need to adjust the air/fuel mixture after replacing the jet? How do I know if I get it right. By the way it runs? Any help would be much appreciated as I would rather do it myself.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well if you knew what changes Jorgenson's made just reverse it, but I suspect that you don't know that. Yes you will probably have to reset the air/fuel screw also but that is the easy part. You are a candidate for a dial-a-jet set up because elevation changes is what it is most used for.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone used the dial a jet and have they had success with it?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Friend of mine had one on his Grizz with no problems. Mostly people that ride in areas of extreme elevation changes are the ones that put it on. I believe Grizzhopper has on on his machine and he doesn't do a mod unless it is going to benefit him.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I was reading some information on the Dial-a-jet and even stock machines that don't go through extreme altitude changes can benifit from it. Most machines come rich from the factory. With the Dial-a-jet you can adjust your carb to get the best mixture. Then if you make changes to the pipe or air filter you can adjust without tearing into the carb. It also works good for people who ride in extreme temperature changes. That is where I think it may benifit me since I can go from 100+ in the summer to -30+ in the winter.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I heard you jet down two sizes when you install it. Anyone hear that or can verify it?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I read the same thing in an article. To get the biggest benefit from the dial a jet you need to go down two sizes with the main jet first.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yep down two sizes with the main jet. However if doing other changes it is best to get the jetting correct before adding the daj.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts